A Conversation for Tara Memorial Club

Welcome Amber fans... chat here

Post 1

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

On behalf of myself and Dr Ferris, Id like to welcome you to the Tara Memorial club.
Here you will be able to chat with other Amber fans and pay tribute to the wonderful Tara McClay, who she played so beautifully...

Grab yourselves a smiley - tea, smiley - coffee, or maybe even some smiley - bubbly and pull up a chair......

Will


Welcome Amber fans... chat here

Post 2

semper_paratus

What a great tribute, very heart felt.

May we please become members of the club and put the link on our page.

smiley - biggrin Xander & Anya smiley - devil


Welcome Amber fans... chat here

Post 3

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Hey guys...
Of course you may do both!
I've decided to da a page listing the members of both clubs. Hopefully if we get enough people involved, the h2g2 artists will design badges for them.


Welcome Amber fans... chat here

Post 4

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Attention Amber fans:

Our very own Tara will soon be writing review on Amber's movie, Chance and from what Ive heard from her on the phone, you all MUST go and find yourseves a copy!!!

Watch this space for the review and more links to the website!!!

Willow


Welcome Amber fans... chat here

Post 5

Carlyle Ferris

Really looking forward to our Litchicks review. I can't do one, I am way way to biased.

Carlyle


Welcome Amber fans... chat here

Post 6

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Dr Ferris,
Just the man I was hoping to bump into!! Im now not loving that you didnt get LOTS of copies of the film as after listening to Litchicks mixture of excitement, drooling, garbled description and pledging her undying love to Amber, I would have paid ANYTHING you'd have asked for a copy of this film!!

Im now very mad that my credit card is maxed out and I cant get a copy til it's cleared!
In also very excited about seeing it and its dominating my thoughts... all day Ive been singing songs with the word 'chance' in them, and you know what, I HATE bloody ABBA!!! I didnt before, but if I have to subject myself to one more verse of 'Take A Chance On Me', Im going to kill myself with dvd!!

I think you may have to do a review too.... From Litchicks rantings, she's not exactly non-biased either! She delights on telling me she's holding a box that Amber had touched, you've given her a new obsession!! smiley - laugh


Welcome Amber fans... chat here

Post 7

Carlyle Ferris

Hey Wills,
I took a chance and sent Chance in the DVD case that Amber signed for me in Swindon. Risky business! I may have to wrestle it out of Litchicks dying hand. I will try and review it at some stage but it is difficult to do that without ruining the event for anyone who has not seen it and may get the......opportunity.... in the future. We will need to put a big Spoiler alert in there. I am so impressed by Amber that I find it hard to criticise. I have always been a little bit of the opinion that critics are parasitic to talent. They often do not contribute positively but leech the lifeblood from genuinely talented people, some of them working against incredibly ingrained predispositions towards young and interesting, often rebellious people. {I was a child of the 60's, what can I say} A 20 year old girl writing, directing producing,distributing her own movie.....How can you really criticize that? Where will you ever come across that kind of talent again? If I had a million quid I would put it into "Watchful Eyes," her next project. The girl has stones!


Welcome Amber fans... chat here

Post 8

litchick

Have no fear Carlyle I will return the Chance DVD, no wrestling required and WHy am I dying? I was impressed though I think, Wills, if you think hard about that conversation it was you who was doing most of the shouting, dribbling etc I was at Sarah's being very sensible...ok so I might have said I was hugely impressed and thought I might love her...but really! smiley - winkeye I am in awe of a woman with that amount of artistic talent, I am fairly creative at times but she defies belief!

I am currently accosting every technically minded friend I know to discover if you can copy DVDs, I'd love to see it again, not least so I can get a clear sense of what I really think.

Good point about the spoiler idea though, not thought about that, selfish Litchick...

Must go work...

Litchick x


Welcome Amber fans... chat here

Post 9

Carlyle Ferris

All the best things in life have to be "wrest from the dying hand..."it is poetic, romantic and literary.


Key: Complain about this post