A Conversation for The H2G2 Furry (Anthropomorphic) Community Conversation

Furriness 101

Post 1

Nini

Welcome to Furriness 101, I'm Nini, your ever so sexy tutor who's here to make furriness more than a sideshow to your pathetic life.

Right, where to begin class?


Furriness 101

Post 2

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Oh, here it is...


Furriness 101

Post 3

Nini

K, you're here so lets start, suggestions?


Furriness 101

Post 4

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Well, I've already mentioned that there are certian social rules in furry society that are not obvious to the neophyte. What's good or bad manners in the furry world (that isn't bleedingly obvious, of course)


Furriness 101

Post 5

Nini

Hmm, nothing which isn't obvious, standard net etiquette procedures.


Furriness 101

Post 6

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Well, you were angry when I mentioned "whatever animal you are"...


Furriness 101

Post 7

Nini

Yeah, that does happen so remember others species. Next thing?


Furriness 101

Post 8

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Hope you had a good Christmas, Nini the *Fox*.

Ah, I know most Furries play roleplaying games on the web, do you?


Furriness 101

Post 9

Nini

Love to but I can't, don't know if they're for me, might be too yiffy see.


Furriness 101

Post 10

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Why don't you try a not-strictly-furry game? A brilliant one is called "supermegatopia" and it's based on a superhero spoof comic of the same name. All the characters are furries (they use furry terms so are obvoiusly aware of the furry culture) but the emphasis is really on roleplaying the hilarious comicbook scenarios.
I'ts rated r13, so you can swear lightly and make sexual references but solid yiff or tinysex is out.

The reason I haven't joined is because I don't understand the computing stuff. Do you have any idea what telnet is? I'm afraid of either stuffing up my computer or that telnet connects to a different network, running up huge bills.

Do you have any knowledge of the computer side of mucks?


Furriness 101

Post 11

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Hmmm, I've asked you that question before, haven't I? Silly ferret! I will consult my computer guru, a nerd named after "Camp Freddy" in the original Italian Job. (You don't need to worry about him running off with your girlfriend)


Furriness 101

Post 12

Nini

Hope not, she's cute! Might try that rp, safeness is nice. Hm, your knowiness of online doolies seem deeper than mine so share what you know.


Furriness 101

Post 13

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Well the camp freddy remark is sort of a *guy* thing, if yoa know what I mean.

That's all I know about RPs, mainly 'cause I'm a fan of the comic. I will give it a go as soon as the computer side of things is sorted out.


Furriness 101

Post 14

Nini

I wouldn't know about that, why should I? Ok then, next thing?


Furriness 101

Post 15

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Nothing mutch, just been to check out some computing books at the libary (Bi Guy is camping).

I've still got no idea of how the thing works though. What's this Telnet? I know it's a program, but do you need to download it or what?


Furriness 101

Post 16

Nini

Ah, Telnet... Hmm, bad, very much line coding essentialy, kinda like mIRC which is but chatrooms which is what Telnet is, chatroom software. Avoid though, not much there really.


Furriness 101

Post 17

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Well, games are out for the mo as I explanied in the other coversation. Aslo, don't worry if I'm not on very often, I need to get this thing sorted. But I will be online occasionally, so we can still talk.

What's some other things that furries can do?


Furriness 101

Post 18

Nini

Which realm? RL or OL?


Furriness 101

Post 19

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Wha? Whadda you mean relm? I ment ~anything~ that furries do real world or online.


Furriness 101

Post 20

Nini

What is with you?! Don't be decvieved, both to some furries are so different as to the point of being realms, they are realms, capishe? What they do is wha you do, nothing speical, maybe a little RPing and fursuiting but nothing you don't know.


Key: Complain about this post