A Conversation for Small Screen Surfin'

None of the above

Post 1

Awix

Nope, neither Atkinson nor Davies for me, please.

I'll take a Fry, a McGann or (if only) a Nighy.

That's assuming the excruciatingly unfunny Weakest Link thing hasn't prompted the BBC to pre-emptively cancel the show all over again...


None of the above

Post 2

[...]

I don't know, the 'ooh I'm scared' Cyberman line was quite funny.

Which Fry? Stephen?

You're destined to hate the new series you know? Nostalgia syndrome.
The new never lives up to those who saw the before.

What about Richard EEEEEEEEEE. Grant and that web animation thing? (And technically the comic relief Who aswell)


None of the above

Post 3

Awix

I hope I'm not destined for hatred of all things new and Who. I don't hate the new CDs, I don't hate all the new books... in fact I don't hate any of them. I try not to hate anything... there's no good to it.

Thought Grant was the weakest of the CR Doctors, even though Jim Broadbent really didn't do himself justice (oh, he could be brilliant). That said Grants rather hammy and over-theatrical acting style matches the style of animation and the tone of the script (Jim Lynn's gonna kick my @$$ if he reads this).

I'm rather enjoying the webtoon. See, not destined for hatred at all!


None of the above

Post 4

[...]

What about the BBC7 stories?

Apologies for not getting back to this!


None of the above

Post 5

Awix

What, those old things?

Hmm, the only ones I'm certain they're broadcasting are the two serials from 1993 and 1995. And one I've heard, and it's not fantastically great. The other I haven't, and its reputation precedes it like fetid miasma drifting off a fermenting cess-pit.

Shame, really, as you really can do good DW on audio, as has recently been proven beyond a doubt.

De nada. We have busy lives. smiley - smiley


None of the above

Post 6

[...]

So... Who's being given a 'Buffy-like' partner. Opinion?


None of the above

Post 7

Awix

Sez who?

Anyway, the dynamic between the last proper TV Doctor and his main companion was exceedingly like that between Buffy and Giles (who's a popular candidate for the job).


None of the above

Post 8

[...]

Metro newspaper/Russel Davis.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Small Screen Surfin'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more