The Tale of Three Weapons - Chapter 8

0 Conversations

Swords

Chapter Eight - The Discovery

Ragnar was sleeping the way rock titans do, hunched over, and sleeping like a rock. Josh took out a long, very thin blade. Rastlin closed the door and Josh then snuck up to Ragnar.

GROAN! Ragnar moved slightly, but again got comfortable.

Josh put the point to Ragnar's heart and drove it through. Ragnar suddenly faded and disappeared in a cloud of evil darkness.

'He was very evil — I guess we're getting paid for good, then,' said Rastlin. 'Let's go.'

If you had looked carefully, you would have seen to black streaks coming from Ragnar's window that night, but they were gentle health-recovery villages, so no one even knew he had been there.

The next day at Xeros's office...

'Here are his things to prove it, although I feel you already know,' said Josh.

'Yes, here is the money. Now get out of my sight.'

As they walked out, they thought over the new situation. 'Okay, we should be fine now,' said Josh, relieved.

'Yeah, but you know, thinking back, did you ever notice that in the tournament his weapons always changed?' said Rastlin.

'Funny that you bring it up now that we just did a job for him,' said Josh. 'But he didn't have enough room in his booth, so let's keep a eye on him, okay?' said Josh.

8 days later, after finding out that Xeros was heading the same way, magically compacting his whole office with a powerful spell he kept with him...

'Okay, he's stopping in Hanot Village tonight.'

They looked in the window. Suddenly Josh's staff began to vibrate, and also Rastlin's blades.

'Ah, they are near,' said Xeros, watching his bow and quiver of arrows also vibrate. 'The other weapons! After a lifetime of searching, I will become eternal!'

Josh and Rastlin looked at each other. Could he possibly mean the three? But no, of course not.

'Yes I shall master the staff and master magic, then the swords so I may become full of strength, more powerful than all others.'

Josh and Rastlin realised now that he had the Bow of Wisdom.

After they moved away, Josh said, 'That must be the Bow of Wisdom. But he is very powerful if he can use its power to have some of the power of the other Weapons of Legend!'

'But didn't he just say that the others were near?' said Rastlin.

'But where?' said Josh. 'If he gets them then the world will practically end. We have to find them!'

'Josh,' said Rastlin very quietly.

'Yes?' whispered Josh.

'Our weapons — they're vibrating!' whispered Rastlin.

The Tale of Three Weapons Archive

Josh_Master_of_the_Staff

08.03.07 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A20482111

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more