A Conversation for "Simply Unbelieveable" Roommate Stories

Roommates are like physics..

Post 1

Frustreren

That doesn't mean anything really, but I do have a pretty good roommate story...

My first roommate was a real bastard, and thought it would be "fun" to pretend to sleep walk for the entire semester and successfully prevent me from getting any sleep. It's not easy to learn chemistry and calculus on 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night... I didn't realize it at first because, let's face it, for otherwise being a complete idiot he was pretty good at it, and wasn't his usual I-may-be-on-amphetamines self... Then once I caught on I a)came within an inch of killing him and b)moved out as soon as I possibly could. He also enjoyed using all my stuff when I wasn't around, and throwing out newspapers that I was keeping to use for a class project.

Oy! That brings back some bad memories...

Frus smiley - fish


Roommates are like physics..

Post 2

Amanda

Oy, indeed! smiley - winkeye It's funny - some people are just downright difficult to live with. But when they start doing *really* weird stuff, well, that's not only uncomfortable and annoying. It's kind of entertaining. smiley - winkeye As long as they don't get TOO terribly scary.


Roommates are like physics..

Post 3

Frustreren

It's rather amusing now that I no longer live with him... but I almost killed him while I did... smiley - winkeye


Roommates are like physics..

Post 4

Amanda

LOL! Just as long as it's not the other way around. Killing people when you have a reason (i.e. They take it upon themselves to borrow your car without asking, or wear your underware on their head...in public, or scratch all your CDs while "re-organizing" them for you)...that's perfectly acceptable. Killing people for no good reason other than the fact the person doing the killing is a cracked-out wierdo...well, I think that qualifies someone as "Worst Roommate EVER". smiley - winkeye


Roommates are like physics..

Post 5

Frustreren

Hmmmmmm... maybe...


Roommates are like physics..

Post 6

Jimi X

I've got two for ya!

My college roommate was heavily into LSD so his bizarre behaviour never really bothered me, UNTIL, he lept out of bed, eyes wide open, and jumped atop his clothes dresser (chest of drawers?) and perched there like a gargoyle for nearly 5 minutes before returning to bed and going back to sleep.

Of course I didn't sleep another wink *that* night!


And my favourite. Right before I got married I lived with this guy who was separated from his wife. One day she shows up at our door while he was out engaging in carnal knowledge with another woman, and left his three kids there with me. Needless to say he was surprised when he came home, but not half as surprised as me when we found out she skipped the state and nobody knew where she was!
Not being father of the year, he would often fail to place diapers upon his young one's bottoms and the day the baby boy ran around the house shooting like a fire plug, I locked myself in my room until the lease was up!

Take your pick!! They're both pretty horrible!!

- X


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more