A Conversation for Coincidence

It's what makes the world go round

Post 1

The Pumpkin King

Coincidende is what we are all slaves of. Had it not been for coincidence everyone of us would still be apes jumping up and down trees or perhaps we would still be little organisms getting lost in the sea.
what I'm saying is that if it wasn't for coincidence and chaos then you wouldn't have met the person you are currently in love with (given that you are of course) and you wouldn't be who and where you are.
It's when you lift yourself up from coincidence and start taking control yourself that you prove yourself human.


It's what makes the world go round

Post 2

Exist@Random

Hm. Are you suggesting that you lift yourself totally above coincidence Pumpkin, and take total control over everything that effects you? Or are you saying that one should not live life through the guidence of coincidence?
I think that to totally remove coindcidence from your life, you would be required to remove it from everyboy elses as well. And I mean everybody. Because, really, that is what Chaos theory is all about. A butterfly sneezes in Beijing, and it changes the wether patterns of the entire western Hemisphere. Everything is just that interconnected. So if you didn't remove coincidence from other peoples lives, their coincidences would effect your life, wether you like it or not.
Right?
Erm...
I think anyway.


It's what makes the world go round

Post 3

Mr. Teapot

Or you could, once ou have removed coincidence from ourself, remove yourself from being associated b anything that contains coincidence. Basically, you'd have to remove yourself from society or, if you ant to be more extreme, from the entire universe. The tasks seem about equivalent to the removal of coincidence from the universe anyway, but it's orth a shot.


It's what makes the world go round

Post 4

Exist@Random

That is...true. I think. I haven't quite thought it through yet, but it seems like a good one. By the way, I think something is wrong with your "w" key.


It's what makes the world go round

Post 5

Mr. Teapot

It's not the keyboard, it's my moonie typing skills.


It's what makes the world go round

Post 6

Exist@Random

I figured that at first, but then with the only two w's in the entire sentance omitted, and everything else seemingly fine, it seemed like a bit of a coincidence.


It's what makes the world go round

Post 7

Orinocco (R51290)

Coincidence is just what it says - things happening together. It doesn't make the world go round - the world is quite capable of doing that on it's own. Coincidence has no meaning in the human "let's find a hidden meaning in everything" sense.
Coincidence just as (much as deja vu is again). Is it a coincidence that I think I've said that before?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more