A Conversation for My Life As a Guy (UG)

Life As A Guy

Post 1

Darwinwins

Kudos to you! I am a woman who has run into similar issues, not so much with the clothes I choose to wear, although I am definitely not the skirt, makeup, and high heels type, as much as with career choices and day to day behavior. For the last few years I have been working in an office where I have been told such things by my female co-workers as "if you hadn't gone to college you would be married by now!" As if marriage and kids are the obviously preferable route to take and I made a big mistake by choosing education. In todays day and age I find it shocking that it is still so common that it must be one or the other. The educated old maid or the wife and mother who fits in to stereotypical roles I thought died out in the 1950's. I'm proud of who I am and how I choose to live my life and in the long run that's all I have. Hang in there and continue being true to yourself. Perhaps it will set an example for more people to let go of the roles they think they are supposed to play and start playing the ones they want to!


Life As A Guy

Post 2

echomikeromeo

Kudos to you as well, Darwinwins!

I'm very glad you enjoyed the entry.


Life As A Guy

Post 3

grr

I thought it was a great article as well.smiley - smiley
But after three and a bit years of constant pestering, and once having about 6 people trying to get make-up on me, I've started doing it anyway. I used to have the same kind of problem with girls and guys not talking to you about "girl and guy stuff", but thats starting to go.


Life As A Guy

Post 4

Elentari

I've been there, EMR.

If it helps, I think the older you get, the more obvious it'll be that you're not a guy. smiley - smiley


Life As A Guy

Post 5

R. Daneel Olivaw -- (User 201118) (Member FFFF, ARS, and DOS) ( -O- )

Great article.


Life As A Guy

Post 6

echomikeromeo

Thanks, RDO - haven't seen you around in a while!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for My Life As a Guy (UG)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more