H2G2 - GuideML - short TAGs

2 Conversations


There are some very short tags that will come in handy (if you write enough)


First the closed tags


We have the <BR/> TAG to go to the next line.


We have the <HR/> TAG to draw a line and go to the next.


All the following TAGs are supposed to surround content. Either a piece of text, an image or a more obscure object.


There is the always famous <P> TAG, to surround a paragraph. This one will just add one empty line before, close the paragraph and add an empy line after the paragraph.

You just have to add a <P> on the line before the paragraph and a </P> after the last dot.

An alternative for the <P> TAG is the <DD> TAG, it adds an indention before the first word.



We have the <U> TAG to underline something.


We have the <S> TAG to linethrough something.


We have the <I> TAG to tilt the font as the italian tower in pisa.


We have the <B> TAG to make the font bold.


We have the <H#> TAG to

size, bold and paragraph the text H0 == SIZE="8" H6 == SIZE="1".


We have the <EM> TAG to emphasize the font (Bold and italic).


We have the <BIG> TAG to make the font big.


We have the <SMALL> TAG to make the font small.


We have the <SUB> TAG to place small font lower on the line.


We have the <SUP> TAG to place small font higher on the line.




This one does not do fonts, it is just short.


We have the <A> TAG to name a sub anchor.

Using <A NAME="here"> in the Entry you can jump to that specific point on the page by using A1947305#here.



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1947305

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more