A Conversation for The h2g2 Formula One Supporters' Club

So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 1

Empeda

What do we reckon about the Minardi name disappearing and being replaced with Squadra Toro Rosso.

And do we reckon that the Super Aguri Honda team will make it to the grid next year?


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 2

Cyzaki

I think the Italians are gonna get confuzzed cos now there's torro rosso and, urm, torro rosso... smiley - erm

smiley - panda


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 3

Empeda

Ah... but you see there's Toro Rosso Ferrari and Squadra Toro Rosso - see - completely different!!smiley - erm

The Red Bull first team apparent will be know as Red Bull Ferrari (not Red Bull-Ferrari, so Red Bull Ferrari-Ferrari really...I get what I mean anyway).


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 4

ultrapete

the word on the sreet is that Mclaren will possibly be running a B team in 2007 as well.


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 5

Empeda

Yeah I heard that - is that still the Dubai lot?


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 6

ultrapete

i think so.

i think the main advantage to teams running a b team is that they will be able to double the ammount of teasing they can do. with the new restrictions coming in this season.


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 7

ultrapete

sorry

teasing = testing.

smiley - erm


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 8

Empeda

They'll probably be able to double the amount of teasing as well I expect...smiley - winkeye


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 9

ultrapete

what like sticking kick me stickers on jean todt's back and letting the air our of frank williams tyres?

i remember a story of when ferrari were rasing the F40?thread="smiley - laugh" title="laugh" class="smiley" src="http://www.h2g2.com/h2g2/skins/Alabaster/images/Smilies/f_laugh.gif"/>


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 10

Empeda

Ah...that famous Ferrari sense of humour!


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 11

Empeda

No longer Squadra Toro Rosso, it's now Scuderia Toro Rosso!!

Still translates as the same thing - Team Red bull.
Apparently Scuderia literally translates as 'stable' and is more common in motor racing (Scuderia Ferrari) whereas Squadra in used in football so they thought it would be more apt.

Also - They're talking about Super Aguri buying the 2002 Arrows Chassis that Stoddart's got - viable?


So... Squadra Toro Rosso and Super Aguri...

Post 12

Cyzaki

It's like in France, they use the word for 'stable' (ecrurie? something like that) for F1 team, rather than 'team' which is equipe.

smiley - panda


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more