A Conversation for The Feline and Fiddle

Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1381

Demon Drawer

What in this weather just stick it outside it'll soon chill down again.


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1382

I'm not really here

Time for another. smiley - biggrinsmiley - cheers


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1383

I'm not really here

smiley - doh Caught by 'the page turned over' trick.


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1384

Munchkin

My smiley - ale has gone cold! smiley - sadface


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1385

Demon Drawer

Their using mine as a skating rink in Princess Streeet Gardens


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1386

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

This year has been going on since Jan 7th 2001 - it's been the longest year of my life. smiley - erm


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1387

Demon Drawer

Trust me EV these wedding things aren't THAT easy to plan. smiley - winkeye


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1388

Demon Drawer

smiley - run The Stag wanders in wearing a Green Rugby shirt and carrying a few smiley - stout

Ire-er-land, Ire-er-land. toGETHER standing tall.
Shoulder to Sho-o-lder
Together Ireland's Call


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1389

Demon Drawer

**DD pulls down the shutters on this thread**


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1390

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

smiley - erm


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1391

Demon Drawer

More details to follow.


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1392

Demon Drawer

Well know the important people have all been told I get let you lot know.

FC and I are no longer engaged.

We are still living under the same roof for the present and are still friends.

The recent by-election is not the reason that the engagement is over, however it is probably a catalyst.

As some of you may know FC has a great job on the far side of Glasgow and one thing she knows she will do eventually is move over that side to ease the commute.

She also knows that I am on the brink of being elected for the first time if I remain in the area and work my butt off for the next two years. She is not prepared to have me give up this network of contacts, built-up name recognition and good chance already established. To have to start more or less over again in another part of Soctland.

She knows I give 100% to my politics when the time calls for it and she knows I have to do so to make the breakthrough that even she knows is coming. And will have to give more so to the electorate once I get elected. She says that she does not like this and expects time from me but realises that this is not always going to be fair on her or me.

She also acknowledges that she does not yet know who she is. She was engaged just before she turned 20 and was still her parents daughter and has yet to really find herself. She sees this as an opportunity to find out who she is and I wish her every sucess in looking.

It has been hard for me to take as while she was mulling this over I was extremely busy and came as a total shock to me. However, I still love her and love her enough to let her go as that is what she wants.

As to the future...

...who knows.


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1393

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Oh dear. smiley - sadface I don't know what to say really. I hope things work out for both of you.

*offers DD a smiley - stout as some kind of consolation*


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1394

Demon Drawer

Hey, things happen EV. Things are fine now in fact.

Just be glad I didn't post this news last week within 24 hours of me finding out.

Mind you a (darn new keyboard at work imagine a guinness) is welcome anytime.


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1395

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Bummer, man. You chaps have been through a lot together.

smiley - ale


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1396

Demon Drawer

Yeah and we probably still will be as friends in the years to come.


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1397

Munchkin

smiley - sadface
Nothing much I can say so I just hope the two of you continue to be friends.


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1398

Mrs Zen

Youch!

The staying friends thing *can* be done, but it takes time, and a willingness to not take anything personally, nothing AT ALL! And don't expect to have joint custody of your friends. We aimed for that, but all that happened was that friends who had known us both just drifted a way from each of us after we split up. The bonus is that not only are we on good terms with each other, we are also on good terms with any former friends we've kept in touch with, but these are surprisingly few of those for either of us. The main thing was that we agreed that we would try to shift from spouses to siblings, and we've managed it.

So-o-o-o, by the sounds of it you are both being extremly mature about the whole thing, and if you can be this mature at the start of your split-up, the omens are good that you'll both pull it off with grace.

smiley - goodluck

B


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1399

Agapanthus

You have all my sympathy and I am thinking of the both of you. Good luck and smiley - stiffdrink


Announcing an Extention... to who knows when

Post 1400

Hypatia

I'm really sorry, DD. smiley - hug Not much I can do except listen, but I am (all of us are) here whenever you need to vent or moan.


Key: Complain about this post