A Conversation for i hate exams and revision!

AS LEvel maths this afternoon.

Post 21

nicki

it does look almost so but i wouldnthave said for definete it was


AS LEvel maths this afternoon.

Post 22

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

The spire was almosy lost once in a fire, but that's not the same thing.

Also it's not attatched at the top, just the weight* holding it in place. There's a marker on the floor inside that registers the centre of the tower and the point (several feet to the right) where the tip of the spire currently leans.

In the museum (round the back and across the road) they have a large wheel (like a gigantic hamster wheel) that was used to winch up the timbers with men running around inside it.

It is generally a settled fact now, that what warped it was the immature wood used to construct it and the fact that, the tiles lining it, are made of lead.**


AS LEvel maths this afternoon.

Post 23

nicki

sounds like an interesting place to go look at


AS LEvel maths this afternoon.

Post 24

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Ask nicely and the verger'll let you pull the bell rope. smiley - winkeye


AS LEvel maths this afternoon.

Post 25

nicki

ooh!!!

ill put on my best smile smiley - biggrin


AS LEvel maths this afternoon.

Post 26

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Also, if your not bothered with the view from tall buildings, small ledges and tiny, *tiny* doors - you can go up to the spire and walk around outside it. (look up - don't fall backwards!)

Well that's my bit for Chesterfield Tourism done, I'm sure Doncaster is nice too. smiley - winkeye


AS LEvel maths this afternoon.

Post 27

nicki

doncaster is a dump!!!



dont go there!


AS LEvel maths this afternoon.

Post 28

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

I'll bare that in mind next time somone suggests I go. smiley - winkeye


AS LEvel maths this afternoon.

Post 29

nicki

please do


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for i hate exams and revision!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more