A Conversation for Active Worlds

Active Worlds

Post 1

Researcher 105216

If you were an alien and landed in Covent Garden, London, one hot steamy summer evening, you would be forgiven for thinking that very little meaningful activity happened in a large city like London. Save for street entertainers and the like. What you may not notice are the office buildings with buzzing populations during the working week who make and lose millions of pounds each day in the City. Or the theatres in theatre land that are host to some of the finest productions in the world.

Similar situation in Activeworlds. I never go to gz of Alpha World just like I don't tend to go to Covent Garden unless I need some light entertainment.

There are many people building in the Activeworlds universe. There are people doing some really meaningful things. Teams of talented people work for months on both commercial and non-commercial projects. The teams collaborate in real time from across the real world, building complex 3-d models and providing a rich virtual environment. Now with the introduction of an API there are other talented people creating bots (virtual robots) that are gradually building Activeworlds into an automated intelligent environment.

Want to see some of the things going on? Email me at [email protected]


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more