A Conversation for Jesus

Conclusion

Post 1

Wolf

Well that's a funny line of statements: Basically if you don't follow the right religious path, and the right path turns out to be Christianity, you're up for a disaster. But if the right path turns out to be one of all the other religions of the world (or the universe for that matter), nothing happens. You're saying this: If you follow Christianity, the worst thing that can happen when you die is nothing (even if Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Animism, Atheism or any other religion is true). If you don't (if you for instance follow one of the other mentioned religions) you're condemned if Christianity is actually true. That would mean that Christianity is the only religion threatening people to join. "If you don't believe in what we believe, you'll burn in hell forever! ohhhoooooo..." Personally I don't generally trust someone who threatens me, especially not if the threat is that severe.

I've heard Christians arguing that "how can you not believe in God? The world is so fantastic and how can you explain life itself without the help of God?" My answer is this: Why should I believe in some supernatural force that somehow knows everything going on in the universe, not only now, but throughout time itself, just because I can't tell you exactly how life came to existence? Believing in a god would be the easy way out. For all the things you can't explain you just say "Oh, it's the work of God". It would be nice to answer all those existential questions that I ask myself everyday by "It's God's will", but I can't force myself to believe something just because it would make things easier. I would have to actually believe it! And I don't.

Let me use your own line of arguments to put this clear to you: If Buddha was right and you've spent your life as a Christian, you'll not have a good time after you die. You might end up being reborn as a snake or a fly or something. If you'd followed his teaching you'd have spent some time meditating (which more and more people pay large amounts of money to learn how to do) and receiving free meals from friendly people. The choice is: Free meals and free meditation or a lifetime as a fly... hm... tough one!


Key: Complain about this post

Conclusion

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more