A Conversation for Name That Tune (deceased)

Name That Tune

Post 61

C Hawke

Swine. Just poped in to see what was making this one of the top 5 sites, and got stuck on "'When I heard the sprinklers whisper shimmer in the haze of summer lawns", knew I knew it, knew I couldn't sleep ever again till I got it, went off line, dug through all my vinyl till.......

"Then I heard the children singing, they were running through the rainbows, they were singing a song for you, well it seemed to be a song for you.

Lavender, Marillion ,Misplaced Childhood.

do I get to set one now?

CH


Name That Tune

Post 62

C Hawke

Well as I have to go ot and do something today heres one anyway, I think easy but hey,that marillion one took me at least 10 minutes.

"But the noise we thought would never stop...died a death as the punks grew up...and we choked on our dreams, we wrestled with our fears"

This decade.

CH


Name That Tune

Post 63

Anonymouse

ack! "unconsiderate" ?!? *grrr*

NTS: Try -really- hard to become at least semi aware of self before posting.

smiley - fish


Name That Tune

Post 64

$u$

Yep. CH has got the Marillion one. Sorry, don't know yours in return.

Back to Waxer's one (was it in this forum??!) - well, anyway, I assume we're talking 'Madness'. Let me just go re-check.

Actually CH, on re-reading, yours does sound kinda familiar. Maybe a little more...?

'Nony - still can't get yours! Help somebody!

smiley - smiley 'sus


Name That Tune

Post 65

wizzard

I know it....... you bugger i'll be thinking of that all day now!

Here's a poser for you,
"suck ingenuity, down through the family tree.
You're perfect, yes, it's true
but without me you're only you"

The last line kind of gives it away!
Go Fish!!


Name That Tune

Post 66

$u$

Okay, we have three (maybe four) outstanding lyrics at present.

1) The Duke of Dunstable's 'you did what you did to me, now it's history I see, as I come back on the road again'.

2) Anonymouse (40077)'s lyric six up from here (so I'm not going to repeat it!)

3) C. Hawke's lyric 3 up.

And a possible 4 on Waxer's lyric which is up there somewhere, and I think is by Madness, but haven't remembered the title yet.

Finally, let's make it a nice pentagonal five by adding:

'Run my name through your computer, mention me in passing to your college tutor' (cos, basically, I can't provide any answers at present!)

'sus smiley - winkeye


Name That Tune

Post 67

wizzard

OK you missed mine, its' 12 ( or 13 now) up from this one.
i'll rewrite it
"Suck ingenuity,down through the family tree.
You're perfect,yes, it's true
but without me you're only you"

Now for lyric number 2
" ..I love the sky and the trees,
I'm a teeny tiny little ant,
checking out this and that.."

Can' place most of your lyrics except
"close you eyes close the door...."etc


Name That Tune

Post 68

Waxer

Yipee I know one straight off at last no struggles etc. its The Levellers, There's only one Way! thanks CH !smiley - smiley


Name That Tune

Post 69

Waxer

Hey I know this as well oh happy Day, Its Sting and....er er oh rats um.....bugger!( hey that would be a good song title, Hey I'd buy it!!)


Name That Tune

Post 70

Waxer

Don't know wizzards "little ant" one but I employ ruling 47b and employ the waldorf revision of '63 and counter it with
"I say, hey there, little insect, don't scare me so.
Don't land on me, baby, and bite me no.
I say hey there, little insect, please calm down.
Then we'll have fun and fool around."
The titles in the lyric but give me the artist??(pretty obscure)


Name That Tune

Post 71

Waxer

Why when I press reply to a lyric does it sometime appear directly under it and other times at the bottom of the forum only linked to appropriate posting in window on left with little dotted line!? you would have thought I would have got the hang of this by now!!


Name That Tune

Post 72

wizzard

I'll give you more of the "ants" lyric
".....Checking out this and that
I am nothing
So you have nothing to hide
And i'm a pacifist...."
Its not a single, it is an album track and i've given you
about half of the words of the full track now!

Good luck


Name That Tune

Post 73

$u$

C'mon wizzard! You don't catch me out like that! Yours wasn't up there when I re-posted the above! (I hate this replying to the middle of forums - it's sooooo confusing!) smiley - winkeye

Okay, so where's the answers to the ones you know?! Waxer's already got the original writer of my 'close your eyes...', but what's it called, and who did a cover of it a few years back?

'sus


Name That Tune

Post 74

$u$

Yeah, I've just experienced that (see my note to wizzard somewhere up above!) Actually, I think what probably happens is that when you reply, your reply appears under that person(to whom you are replying)'s last entry in the forum.

That's nice and clear now then! Sting, yep, but title?

I'm sure these lyrics are getting more oscure (ie I can't answer any!)

smiley - smiley 'sus


Name That Tune

Post 75

Anonymouse

What happens is that in threading, the inner-most threads are kept together. Each reply to A is below all other replies to A, but if B is a reply to A and C is a reply to B, and D is a reply to A, then you'd get...

A
B
 C
  D

HTH. smiley - winkeye

Hint? The artist to mine was mentioned somewhere above. That's what made me think of the song. smiley - winkeye


Name That Tune

Post 76

Anonymouse

The spacing in that got mucked... Try again, same scenario...
A
 B
  C
 D

Also, on reading... I realized is mucked up the lyrics, too... So to make up for it, I'll give you more (right) and probably give it away smiley - winkeye:

"If you're lying on the beach with your transistor goin'
Kick off the sand, cause honey her love's still flowin.
If your head says, 'Forget it!' but your heart's still smokin'
Call me at the station. The lines are open!"


Name That Tune

Post 77

$u$

I've just decided that listening to a CD while trying to guess these lyrics seriously damages your brain functioning (I mean MY brain functioning). Can I just say...



.....aaaaaaargh!

'sus smiley - winkeye


Name That Tune

Post 78

Waxer

Joni Mitchell?Don't know song tho if it is


Name That Tune

Post 79

$u$

When in doubt....."Joni Mitchell?"!! smiley - winkeye

'sus


Name That Tune

Post 80

Waxer

We'll See!


Key: Complain about this post