A Conversation for Prayer in Public Schools

errors

Post 1

Researcher 192791

For a start, Julius Caesar lived and died before Jesus, so he hardly persecuted Christians.

Some Jews may object to Jesus' being named 'Christ', the Greek form of the Hebrew 'Messiah', meaning 'Anointed One'.


Prayer

Post 2

Researcher 192791

This being the subject in hand, let's talk about it.

Perhaps some time could be left aside for students to engage in prayer, meditation, or whatever other quiet and undistracting activity occurs to them, whithout stipulating the object of their devotions.

Religeous debate should be encouraged and everyone should be forced to understand (if not agree with) the basic tennats (I'm spelling that wrong) of all major faiths.

I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, a religeon famous for talking about themselves!


Prayer

Post 3

Fadookie the Froody- Veggie Poetry@A2248733

Being a Jew (and proud of it!), I am glad to see that your article takes a fairly all-sided view to this issue.

I think that religion and schooling do and should not have much to do with each other. People should not impose their beliefs on others. It would be fine by me if five minutes were allotted every day, so that more spiritually inclined students could engage in silent prayer or meditation, and other students could simply read a book.

Your article is good, but is mostly opinion, so I suggest putting in some facts or statistics about prayer in school already (you could also talk about the resistance to teaching evolution in school if you wanted to), and PLEASE cite your sources!

-FTF


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Prayer in Public Schools

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more