A Conversation for Mickey's Hitch Hiker's Guide: THE MOVIE!

Why we may like it

Post 1

The Wisest Fool

It probably won't star Tom Hanks or Robin Williams.
I doubt it will be filmed around the merchandising potential so as to include ten minute game-like race sequences (although the hit-rate for this site could leap!).
DNA must now know (due to this site) that there are tens of thousands of HitchHiker nuts all over the planet and so if it sucks the big one we will plague him with our mutterings for the rest of his life.
It's been waiting to happen for so long that the script must be about there by now.
It probably won't star Tom Hanks or Robin Williams.


Why we may like it

Post 2

Zach Garland

Actually I think a young Robin Williams would have made a fun Ford Prefect. Tom Hanks doesn't belong though, you're right.

I'm seriously considering trying to find out what it would take to start a grass roots campaign to get Disney to consider Janeane Garofalo for Trillian. For once I'd like that character played by a woman who's more than just cute in spandex.

Have you seen pics of Garofalo recently? She's more beautiful than ever on a physical surface level. She's also always been the sort of actress who could easily make me believe she has degrees in chemistry and astrophysics.

Ideally, they'll get unknowns, or veteran stage performers from Britain that we Yanks have never heard of. That would be the best way to go.

Still, if the DisneyPowers must do the 'name recognition game', Garofalo would be infinitely better than any sports illustrated model.

If they get Kathy Ireland, I'll burn my copy of The More Than Complete Hitch Hiker's Guide.


Why we may like it

Post 3

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I don't know, if you've ever seen "Alien From L.A." you know that Kathy Ireland is a talented, thoughtful, and intellegent actor.

Actually she's only good at dull surprise.


Why we may like it

Post 4

Zach Garland

I've seen Alien from L.A., and although I would risk life and limb if the result would be to have Kathy Ireland swear her undying love and lust to me, the woman can't act dull surprise any better than a ketchup bottle.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more