A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where are they now?

Post 1

Stuffe

Religeous sects, where are your gods? It's been a couple of hours since the millennium here, and a good few more in other countries, and as yet not one new bulletin about the 2nd coming. I was quite looking forward forward to being trampled beneath the hooves of the almighty. Ah well, it's a good job I didn't take out that huge loan, and spend it all along with all my savings etc etc. Back to work Tuesday methinks....


Where are they now?

Post 2

Demon Drawer

Well just to put the Christian thing straight, Jesus "the son of man" said and I quote "Not even the son of Man knows the time of his return" so we're still expecting it at any time, but were never expecting it at this particular time, too obvious.


Where are they now?

Post 3

Gwennie

Maybe Jesus read the notice on Rail Track's web site about all services being cancelled over the New Year period (which had been posted by hackers) and stayed at home!

"Who is this God person anyway?"


Where are they now?

Post 4

C Hawke

More to the point where can I buy the skin tight lycra jump suits we are all supposed to be wearing now the future is here.

..and can any Australian researchers let me know if the gangs of weird punks are driving round in home made vechiles listening to Tina Turner yet?

Happy January

Chris


Where are they now?

Post 5

Gwennie

I think they're sporting those jump suits in my town - they're called leggings (yeugh!) and shouldn't be allowed!

I haven't seen weird punks though. There is a profusion of weird teenagers in battered old Fiestas playing loud, thumping music though. Will they do?


Where are they now?

Post 6

Rat

As Nine Inch Nails said, and I will quote:"Your God is dead, and no one cares, if there is a hell, I'll see you there." As for those groups, they will be around every year. The sad part is that one day they will be right and the world will come to an end. Maybe I can find a way to get to that Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Marvin I'm on my way!


Where are they now?

Post 7

Gwennie

I'd apply for that job as car park attendant at the "Dome" thing in London. I think Marvin might have done something along those lines....


Where were they?

Post 8

Monkfish

Well, it may be so great for you christians out there, just waiting and waiting for the next coming, but next time, just think about all those jews. There still waiting for the fist.


Where are they now?

Post 9

Rocket Rod

Ain't seen any of those home made cars and things
around Broome Western Australia.
Maybe Tic Toc (the croc.)ate them
all. Almost got me last week!!,(still waiting for
parts for my outboard motor)
But I still got the Barramundi we were fighting
over
Oh!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye
Rocket


Where were they?

Post 10

Demon Drawer

The fist eh? Are you expecting Lennox Lewis or something, maybe Mike Tyson's on the way. If I were you I'd be very careful of a one two combination. Duck and weave.


Where were they?

Post 11

Gwennie

Maybe he was thinking of Julian Clary's "Fisting Norman Lamont" quote?

Holy Zarquon! Yeah - he turned up eventually in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe", just as everything was doing the big kaboom!

No, come on people.... We should all repect other folks' beliefs and if they all want to go around murdering people whose beliefs are different, more fool them.


Where are they now?

Post 12

the zen master of spork

Well, I don't think that anyone but tabloid authors thought that Jesus was coming back in 2000. (If you did, I apoligize many numerous times.) It says in the Bible that Jesus will return after 1000 years of peace. No offence to the inhabitents of this planet, but we haven't had any day of peace, never mind one year or even more, 1000 years.

That's MY opionion.

Skeeve


Where are they now?

Post 13

Stuffe

I think that Christianity is slightly too big to be called a sect, I was meaning all those nutters who raved on about Hale Bopp etc, who should have all happily committed suicide by now, though I bet they didn't bother.


Where are they now?

Post 14

Demon Drawer

Hey I agree but I was preempting any accusations aimed at the Christians for setting up the whole millennium in the first place.


Key: Complain about this post