A Conversation for The movie Ek Ajnabee

Peer Review: A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 1

Researcher U203681

Entry: The movie Ek Ajnabee - A14588715
Author: EchidnaZ (small, spiky thing that likes hiding under logs) - U203681

This is an article about the Bollywood movie Ek Ajnabee.


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 2

semper_paratus

Okay. This is a great little start, but I don't think it's quite ready to be in PR yet. Have a look at this entry on Alien: The Movie A13485729 and you'll get an idea of what type of things you will need to add.

I think you'll have to take it out of PR for now. You can do this by going to PeerReview and clicking on the (x) next to your entry.

If you could also take the chance to read the Writing-Guidelines it will give you an idea of what is required for the EG.

smiley - ok


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 3

Researcher U203681

How about people give some suggestions on additional information to add - that's one of the purposes of peer review, isn't it?


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 4

Wilma Neanderthal

Hi echidnaZ,

PR is for teaking completed entries. If you want a collaboration, you'll need to move your entry to the Collaborative Writing Workshop at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/Writing-Collaborative

If you want to keep it here, I suggest you do a little more research (on content and format), as suggested above and make sure you comply with the Edited Guide Guidelines. Please let us know what you would prefer.

smiley - ok
W


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 5

Researcher U203681

In what way doesn't it comply with the guidelines?


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 6

Wilma Neanderthal

Hi again,

How does it not comply? Well, it dooesn't really fill a gap as it stands. It is too short for one thing.

You have missed a huge opportunity with regard to discussing plagiarism in the film industry - especially when piracy is such an issue. You don't discuss the Hollywood vs Bollywood tensions. You allude very lightly to the stereotype of the Bollywood musical without making it stand out in any way. I would say you could at least mention how incongruous it is to use this style in an action movie. As I recall the film has some pretty good cinematography. You could describe some of the action scenes and the fact that Amitabh is second to god with regard to Bollywood... I could go on. All in all, the main theme (for me) is that Bollywood shot itself in the foot with this one. It lost an opportunity to make a brilliant film in the genre it excels at - and yet did not take the trouble of investing in an original script.

You've written for the EG before, so please recall that you are writing as though to inform *and entertain* someone who knows *nothing* of you subject matter.

I know you can do it. I have read entries you have written.

smiley - ok

Wilma


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 7

Researcher U203681

I would move it to the collaborative writing workshop if I could work out how.

It doesn't appear on the peer review list as that's only showing the ones that were added more recently.


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 8

Wilma Neanderthal

The entries are listed by how recent the last post is.

To remove your entry from PR, go to 'My Space' or click on your own name anywhere you see it and scroll down until you find the entry. Go into the 'edit this entry' and you will be able to remove it from PR that way.

smiley - ok
W


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 9

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Hi there my suggestion to how to improve your entry is to take a look at films already written about on h2g2. By doing this you will see how to expand your entry and that header's and subheader's are sually incorporated to make the entry a much easier piece to read.


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 10

Researcher U203681

I checked the 'not for review' box but it still says it's in peer review and I don't see an option to move it to the collaborative writing workshop.


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 11

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

uncheck the not for review box as you want it to be reviewed dont you. Then go to the top of this thread where it says Peer Review click on that and you will be taken to a space where other people's entries in PR are and yours. By the side of your entry is a remove button click on it and that will take your entry out of PR. You can then submit your entry to wherever you want it to be using the same sort of process you undertook to get it into PR in the first place. smiley - goodluck


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 12

Wilma Neanderthal

Echidna, an easy way to do this is to come here and post a reply. That will bump your entry up to the top of the Peer Review page listings. so:

1. Reply in this thread.
2. Go to Peer Review.
2. Find your entry.
4. Click on the little 'x' at the end.

This will bring your entry back onto your personal space. You can then go in to it again and submit it to the Collaborative Workshop.

smiley - ok
W


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 13

echomikeromeo

I haven't been following the thread, but... the Collaborative Writing Workshop doesn't exist anymore. Did you mean the Edited Guide Writing Workshop?


A14588715 - The movie Ek Ajnabee

Post 14

Researcher U203681

OK, it's out of peer review now and into the edited guide writing workshop which I hope is where you people can add to it.


Key: Complain about this post