A Conversation for Killarney, SW Ireland

No Subject

Post 21

Courtesy38

I posted without reading the previous comments. I bow to the greater knowledge about ITS instead of it's.

Courtesy


No Subject

Post 22

Astrogoth

Hey Courtesy!

Thanx for dropping by and reviewing! I agree with you about the paragraphs not going together too well, but don't actually know quite yet how to fix it. I'll get around to it some daysmiley - winkeye!

Thanx again!
Astro


No Subject

Post 23

WowbaggerTIP

This is a nice article: I can't see any spellings etc, the details are good, there are some nice touches of humour, the picture is very tastefully done, and most importantly, pubs get a mention.

The only additions I could possibly recommend are a few links: somewhere to go when people have finished reading the thing. Also, there is no mention of nearby towns, really, which might be nice. You could just say it was in the middle of nowhere, but that would confuse the people who make th OS maps no end.


No Subject

Post 24

Astrogoth

Thanks Wowbagger! great praise indeed! Killarney really IS in the middle of nowhere, but I suppose I could mention a few places... I mention Rossbeigh, but that really is too small too qualify even as a village. the thing is, there aren't actually any nice town to visit, other than Killarney itself. Except possibly Kenmare and Sneem, which are about 1.5 hours (depending on how suicidal you are...) drive away.

But thanx again! It's nice to know people actually read what you writesmiley - smiley

Goth


No Subject

Post 25

WowbaggerTIP

I do so agree.... I've put up my Vikings article up for the next Fun Run...


The disappearing act

Post 26

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Odd how my fun run entry has disappeared off everyone's radar, despite it being the first article in the current run.


The disappearing act

Post 27

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Frink: my article has also dipped below the radar horizon, but I'm not worried, mostly because this run has gone on for forever. These are usually only supposed to last for two weeks. I know vegi is busy with his Post job, but isn't it about time we launched run #5?


The disappearing act

Post 28

Astrogoth

Hmmmm. You're right there, Gargleblaster. This Fun Run has gone on for a long long time. Wonder why? It's definitely time for the next fun run.... We'll badger Vegiman about it sometimesmiley - winkeye


The disappearing act

Post 29

WowbaggerTIP

How long has this run lasted? I only took an interest a couple of weeks ago, but even then there were loads of posts...


The disappearing act

Post 30

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Take a peek at the first posts...they tell you this thing has gone on for about a month.


The disappearing act

Post 31

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

It is about time another run started, but I know Veggy is very busy with the upcoming launch of the POST newspaper.


The disappearing act

Post 32

WowbaggerTIP

What is this newspaper, exactly? I would go and have a look, but I prefer someone else's view on it: it gives me a better view.


The disappearing act

Post 33

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Hmmmmm.....your namesake flies across the univers an almost infinite number of times to insult the entire universe, and you can't even go look at one page? No, I'm kidding smiley - smiley

We'll have to wait until Monday to see for sure what the newspaper will be like - but it looks like they will publish interviews with researchers, highlight cool places on h2g2, run the new Fun Run, and so on. I heard something about movie reviews also......Should be interesting......


The disappearing act

Post 34

WowbaggerTIP

Film reviews? Sounds interesting. Speaking of films, have you seen Hotel Paradiso yet?


The disappearing act

Post 35

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

The Fun Run is being rejigged and renamed so I believe

The newspaper lives at http://www.h2g2.com/U54963


The disappearing act

Post 36

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Would you believe me if I said I'd never heard of Hotel Paradiso?


The disappearing act

Post 37

WowbaggerTIP

'The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are
loved.'

Victor Hugo


The disappearing act

Post 38

WowbaggerTIP

I wasn't supposed to say that. Oops. The windows changed on me.


The disappearing act

Post 39

WowbaggerTIP

It's the new Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson film.


The disappearing act

Post 40

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Oh cool! Uhh...who are they? smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post