A Conversation for Stop-Motion Animation Programmes

Wallace and Gromit

Post 1

Queazer

Oscar winning animation by Nick Park about an inventor called Wallace (voiced by Peter Sallis) and his dog Gromit.

'A Grand Day Out'

While searching for a holiday destination, Wallace realises that he is out of cheese. With Gromit's help he builds a space rocket and sets off for the moon. As well as finding cheese, which is nothing like he's ever tasted - and certainly not Wendsleydale, he also finds a moon resident in the shape of what looks like a gas cooker.

'The Wrong Trousers'

Wallace buys Gromit some ex-NASA 'Techno-Trousers' for his birthday. Short on cash as a result, he lets out the spare room to a penguin who turns out to be the notorious jewel thief 'Feathers' McGraw. Disguised as a chicken (wearing a rubber glove on his head) Feathers uses the Techno-Trousers, with Wallace asleep inside, to stage a daring diamond heist.

'A Close Shave'

Wallace's Wash'N'Go window-cleaning service leads to romance when he washes the windows of a wool shop run by Wendolene Ramsbottom. However, Wendolene's evil dog Preston turns out to be responsible for a spate of sheep rustling (and a thriving dog food business). An escaped sheep falls foul of Wallace's latest invention, the Knit-O-Matic, and is is subsequently named Shawn.


Wallace and Gromit

Post 2

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

I think 'Grand Day Out' is the best. I love the fridge-alike thing that lives on the moon and goes skiing at the end.
And the music is great as well


Wallace and Gromit

Post 3

Mykl

I absolutely love the thrilling chase scene in The Wrong Trousers. Mind you I also love the bit in Close shave when they clean the clock tower. All very Thunderbirds as Wallace gets to the bike while Gromit sensibly walks in a side door.Then the bit where he flicks the ladder into the drain and flips himself up to the top of the tower.
That plasticene dog must have one hell of a stunt double.


Wallace and Gromit

Post 4

Ginger The Feisty

W & G is in - only amazed at how long it took for someone to mention them!


Wallace and Gromit

Post 5

Doug Dastardly

Well, I would have mentioned them, but I might have let slip I have a Wallace and Gromit calendar and that would be just too embaressing! Oh damn... I've just done it haven't I! smiley - winkeye


Wallace and Gromit

Post 6

Ginger The Feisty

Haven't you got wallace & grommit boxer shorts as well? or was that the simpsons?


Wallace and Gromit

Post 7

Doug Dastardly

Oh the shame of it... yes, I have both... Parents and Christmas pressies... I'm sure they do it just to get their own back! smiley - winkeye


Wallace and Gromit

Post 8

Bruce

Isn't it funny how embarassing things (like horrible CDs/records hidden at the back of the drawer) get blamed on parents/presents.

Just a couple of links for the W&G
http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/ (actually part of the Aardman site.)

& Aardman animations fans
http://www.aardman.com/

While I really love W&G I still think the best thing Aardmans ever did was the claymation video for Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares for Me".


;^)#


Wallace and Gromit

Post 9

Doug Dastardly

You're not suggesting I would purchase Wallace and Gromit boxers by choice are you?


Wallace and Gromit

Post 10

Ginger The Feisty

My fave was creature comforts!


Wallace and Gromit

Post 11

Bruce

Why not? I did!


;^)#


Wallace and Gromit

Post 12

Doug Dastardly

That was outstanding wasn't it.


Wallace and Gromit

Post 13

Mykl

No-one's suggesting you would go out and BUT Wallace and Gromit boxer shorts, but i just bet that when your parents said "What would you like for Christmas?" you jumped up and down with excitement and pointed at a picture of them in your mum's Freemans catalogue and said "Get me those Det me those!!!!!"


Wallace and Gromit

Post 14

Ginger The Feisty

Aww Baby! I get the feeling they are all picking on you!


Wallace and Gromit

Post 15

Doug Dastardly

Yeah, I kind of feel they are too! And before they say anything I've got to say I don't have Wallace and Gromit pyjamas, Wallace and Gromit duvet, or Wallace and Gromit wall paper!


Wallace and Gromit

Post 16

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

I have the Wallace and Gromit Calendar - and that really was a parental christmas pressie - I think BBC need to reshow all the films and creature comforts


Wallace and Gromit

Post 17

Mykl

There's always next year.

OK I'll stop now.


Wallace and Gromit

Post 18

Queazer

Trivia time!

I just noticed on the credits of 'The Wrong Trousers', that additional animation (or something) was done by John Lord. Wasn't he the bloke that did the 'computer graphics' animation on the Hitchhiker's TV series?


Key: Complain about this post