A Conversation for Doghouse Tails

Balance

Post 1

Pinniped


You're getting far too good at these, Boots.
It takes a very assured hand to write coherently and yet convey a sense of chaos.
Perfect poise amid the mayhem.
How much higher can you build the pile?
Pinsmiley - smiley


Balance

Post 2

Boots

smiley - cheers mate. (That was almost laddish boots.)
Am going to have a crack at the sitcom tonight. Will have to ransack drawers for old radio scripts to check out formats, word counts etc but think I may have enough complied garbage to compact and re-invent...fingers crossed.
Take care and if I hit the usual wall this evening tap later.
boots


Balance

Post 3

Pinniped


You do it Boots.
You show us how to get noticed, girl.

...not putting you off, am I? smiley - silly


Balance

Post 4

Boots

Nope, just started. Actally haven't even got that far. Dug out the old radio scripts...I wasn't half bad old chap! Don't remember writing one of them at all but it read bizzarely well. Have decided to submit one to R4 with a few rewrites. They were all written for a 24 minte slot (30 with the commercial break) and having had a quick lurk around the guidelines and bearing in mind they were not comedy, have discovered that the slots best suited are 45 mins with no breaks...need to add an extra three pages! Can't decide which one of the ones I have re-read so far to start on though. 'A Final Fling' or 'An arc in the circle of time'.
The first is about relationships and dreams...really really dreams as in the sleep variety...that was the one that read bizzarely well. The second is clever...sort of sci fi but clever am very fond of this one 'cos I like clever. They all have twisted endings (that was the brief).
Reading them made me realise that I am not nearly skilled enough to jump straight into a sitcom. I know I have two funny ones lurking somewhwere in the pile but they are very dated and a little in the only fools and horses style.
The one I am planning is not and not but I think I am not ready. Homework and rewrites will be better for me. If I get some good feedback on these (and like publicity 'any' is good) I may gain a bit more confidence for now I shall do some work on one of the two...which one? which one? Hey ho.
take care
boots


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more