A Conversation for How to be a Fool

PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 1

cafram - in the states.

This forum is to criticise and praise the writers efforts. Correct grammer and spelling. After posting your views and/or any further knowledge, similar experiences etc. which the writer may use, added your rating, why not join the discussions to make the page into a best seller. smiley - smiley

Next Page in the fun run:
http://www.h2g2.com/P145135
Thanks vegiman smiley - smiley


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 2

Jimi X

Great!! Really funny!!! smiley - smiley I had to close my office door because I was laughing so hard at some of the steps!
This page could use some layout help, however. Paragraphs and maybe finding some better way to list the steps so they are easier to find. The grammar and spelling looked good.

Really, really funny!! smiley - smiley

I'd give it a 9 or even a 9.5!!

Great job!! smiley - smiley


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 3

cafram - in the states.

Wow!! Thanks!smiley - smiley

I agree about the paragraphs, I'll do some link-jumpy things (or whatever they're called), and maybe that will help.smiley - winkeye


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 4

Jimi X

Writing humor is EXTREMELY difficult! I often have read that when in doubt, don't even try...
But you pulled it off well! smiley - smiley
I just re-read it and still laughed by bum off!
(Don't know how I'll be able to sit thru the rest of the day!) smiley - winkeye


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 5

cafram - in the states.

Where'd your bum go? smiley - smiley

Don't laugh - I modelled that whole article on myself...every single one of those things I do!

I just hope my English teacher shares your opinion...that was part of my writing folio and if SHE doesn't like it.....!


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 6

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Very witty, and very creative. I'm going to make the predictable comment about format; I think everyone will until it's fixed. I'll give you an 8 now, and you can automatically upgrade it to an 8.5 when the format is fixed.


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 7

Ginger The Feisty

Caffram, I thought this was funny and quite clever but to be honest I don't think it is what they are looking for in accepted guide entries. It isn't factual enough (I think) for the guide but I think you should keep it as many people will enjoy reading it from your homepage.


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 8

Anonymouse

Badly in need of ... tags. smiley - winkeye Each step with the "Step X ..." in bold (as you have it) followed by a this is the info on step X perhaps?

4


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 9

Anonymouse

PS I probably would have rated it much higher, but my eyes crossed in re-reading it. smiley - winkeye


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 10

Astrogoth

Hey Cafran

Excellent article. Exceedingly humerous. Extensively researched (come on people, how about a hand, I'm running out of words starting with ex which are appropriate!)

I really liked your article. Again, like the last article, I'm sorry I have no constructive criticism, other that what others have saidsmiley - sadface.
I have to agree with Ginger. It probably won't be accepted as a guide entry, 'coz of it's non-factual content, but by all means keep it. Some of those nice people out there need a hand in making fools of themselves. Not me, you understand....

Great! A well deserved 9!


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 11

Uncle Sam

Really quite funny! I mean really!! smiley - smiley
The one long text block made it a bit tough to read, but that's easy to fix.
I really thought this was quite funny! I was sitting here at the computer laughing out loud, which is never a good thing to do on the job!!
I'd say 8.5 or 9 even with the lack of paragraph breaks! smiley - smiley


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 12

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

A very enjoyable article (I agree that humor is tough to do, and this is darn funny) but probably not the type of thing that gets into the guide. I must agree with Ginger - it seems too fictional.

As far as listing the items, how about removing the term "step" and just list each item with a bullet? Then you could put the difficulty (5 E.O.F. etc.) in parenthesis after the description.

I give this a 9 or 9.5 for enjoyability, but the score would have to be much lower when considering how likely it is to be accepted.

Score: 3.5


PLEASE REVIEW(How to be a Fool)

Post 13

Hammy of Hamster (died, still moving)

Well I really enjoyed that article and won't praise it as that has been done already. I will say however that it won't be accepted but should be as humour is a valuable way to store the average reseachers mood.


Key: Complain about this post