A Conversation for The Unofficial h2g2 Christmas Party 2004

when's the next one?

Post 1

trainspotter

i am not familiar to h2g2 so i am going to ask a very stupid question: when is the next meeting? do we plan it ourselves? or is there a calendar? do we have to do quizzes? or should we try setting up a monopoly game that can take a hundred players and uses the map of london 10 feet in length and width as a board game? is it feasible? who will bring the figurines? will halifax finance the creation of enough houses and hotels to fill the board? wouldn't it be criminal to use so much paper?


when's the next one?

Post 2

dasilva

Hiya trainspotter! smiley - biggrin

HooToo's gotten so big now there's user groups all over the UK, and indeed the world! The big meets are usually London though each group holds it's own meets at whim throughout the year (there was a big Birmingham one in March this year, several mini ones of anywhere between 3 and 10 researchers and now Z's appetite is whetted again another big one may be coming shortly) - last year I also did the Curry Crawl in Manchester (which is soon to happen again! Ask Croz or Granny Weatherwax!)

Keep your ear to the ground and try and find some local researchers is my advice - the London bash used to be an 'official' once a year thing run by the 'italics' but H2G2's far too big now! smiley - biggrin

Hope this helps - gimme a shout or ask your friendly neighbourhood ACE smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more