House of Gods

5 Conversations

Boabab tree

There is a question that goes with this picture that can be found over the entrance door to House of Gods, but first, House of Gods needs to be explained.
Whether you believe in them or not doesn't matter, because they might just believe in you. If that is the case, then it is best you don't deny their existence, sooner or later, you will meet them!
I don't think any profession has better relations with the Gods than that of the assassin. He is, by nature, a solitude type. Preferring the quiet contemplative shadows to the bustle of the open street and bars (but sometimes bars and busy streets are the best places to hide). Yet he is never alone, the Gods are always watching as the assassin plays an important part in their 'games'. It is widely believed, that if a God is losing a 'game' he will even things with a quick inhuming of an opponents piece. Gods hate to lose, so as you can imagine, the assassins have to be good and very wary of who they upset. A good assassin thanks ALL the Gods for whatever grace falls his way.
The picture is a warning to the assasins who realise this. Each day, when they pass under the awsome archway entrance and view the picture they have to ask themselves, knowing the answer is what they make it, 'Is the sun rising...or setting?'.

Members of the House

Commodore Creachy
Once you have entered, you must check in with the head of the house. He will be known as Father, House of Gods Father, Hogfather for short. He can be found in the Fathers Office. From there he will point you to the dorms and the rectory.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1308971

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more