A Conversation for How to Choose a Great Restaurant

Writing Workshop: A1308755 - How to Choose a Great Restaurant

Post 1

E'Bert

Entry: How to Choose a Great Restaurant - A1308755
Author: Ebert - U221196

Almost finished. Any suggestions? Any corrections.
smiley - zen
Eber


A1308755 - How to Choose a Great Restaurant

Post 2

Z

This seems good to me, I would suggest inserted it into PR, (oh er misses),it's certainly near finsished as far as I can see, and many more people hang around there so you will certainly get some more feedback!


A1308755 - How to Choose a Great Restaurant

Post 3

J

I this GuideML would really spiff this entry up. See the <./>GuideML-Clinic</.>, you could insert headers instead of just capital letters smiley - ok

smiley - blacksheep


A1308755 - How to Choose a Great Restaurant

Post 4

E'Bert

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll send it off to PR

I am not sure if there needs to be more of a conclusion. Any thoughts?
smiley - zen
Ebert


A1308755 - How to Choose a Great Restaurant

Post 5

Dinnerlady [The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom]William Blake. Top lad:)

How about having a note about the relative popularity? There are many roads in major cities where there are loads of restaurants near to each other, and the one in the middle with a buzzing crowd, surrounded by empty places, can often be a gem.

That said, it can also be the one with the pushiest waiters (a la tourist streets in any resoirt on the Costa del Sol).

I think you could conclude it with something like we are all individuals, and I personally have had very decent meals in restaurants that are otherwise empty, and rubbish ones in places that are heaving, so if in doubt, choose the chef's specials - as this should always be the best of what's on offer.

Mel


A1308755 - How to Choose a Great Restaurant

Post 6

E'Bert

What a perfect conclusion. I will add it, and add you to the credits when I have a spare moment, hopefully later today.

H2G2 seems to be a little slow while it is adjusting to this registration change, and I just don't have the patients to wait.
smiley - zen
Ebert


A1308755 - How to Choose a Great Restaurant

Post 7

E'Bert

There, all added. And I even tried my hand at GuideML. Big pat on the back for Ebert.

I feel that all is finished. Any feedback?
smiley - zen
trbE – I think I’m feeling a little backwards today.


A1308755 - How to Choose a Great Restaurant

Post 8

TallTony

Good entry but it feels incomplete. I've just come back from Barcelona and I used the Time Out guide to help me decide where to eat out at lunch and in the evenings. The info covered in the guide is briefly similar to what you have written but I think you are covering the subject matter in better detail. Comments included staff behaviour towards customers...this gives a place a reputation (London's West End had a famous Chinese restaurant about ten years ago whose staff were very rude, incompetent, the food was ok but I witnessed the manager being sued right before my own eyes whilst I was trying to book a table. Did I go and eat there? Of course I did, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and if I could afford it then I would have happily sued the manager myself).
Would an entry on the type of food being served and their cost be needed in your article? I was in one restaurant where horse was on the menu! This brings in an issue of cultural differences, what to expect as a tourist compared to a local who is happy to order guinea pig for the main meal. Cost is also an issue as I wonder if I'm getting value for my money.
Also, some places are specifically targeted by locals at lunch times where the menu del dia is fab but affordable.
Although interesting it is a hard subject matter to write about, I think you've done a good job, but I'd like to know more smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more