Agents Provocateurs Night Out

1 Conversation

I think you have a table for seven booked in the name of 'Ben'. Has anyone arrived yet?'

She looked bemused, the waitress.

'Err yes, there are four of them waiting outside... the table in the front... you've just walked past them.'

I could tell she wanted to know more, she hadn't finished.

'What is this exactly, some kind of party? No one seems to know anyone but you've got balloons on the table.'

Oh well done agent Caerwynn, balloons... an excellent decoy.

'Thank you.'

I turned and walked towards the table. We had to be careful, discreet even. Lurkers could be anywhere.

'Hello, I'm Boots.'

'Caerwynn, good to meet you.'

'Mina, hi.'

'Coelacanth, welcome.'

'Teuchter, hello.'

So only Ben and Kelli still to come. Agents Peta and ZSF are not coming; their current missions are complicated and they daren't risk blowing their cover.

We talked; we had to cover a lot of ground, we needed to know everything and quickly. There are Lurkers out there trying to follow our every movement, trying to expose our identities.

'Hi Mina, hello everyone. I'm Kelli.'

We welcomed the sixth agent; she pulled up a chair.

'Did you talk to the waitress?'

'I didn't say too much, she suspects something I'm sure but no-one knows we're here, I don't think she's one.'

'Shall we go in? I think agent Ben must be running late.'

We moved inside.

'Good choice Caerwynn.'

The restaurant had just the right amount of atmosphere but not too many distractions. The table was well placed, if a little exposed, but far enough away from the other diners to guard our secrets.

We ordered the drinks.

'Is it a birthday party or something?'

The waitress could prove difficult. She may have to be silenced.

'Ben's here.'

Now we can begin. I looked around the table.

God we're good. No, we're better than good... we are stunning. One, dark and ethereal with porcelain skin and curves that could pry secrets from the grave, a mere red-blooded male would stand no chance. The second a child of the forest, wild and untamed with a face so finely drawn it has the appearance of half woman, half child... irresistible. Two feline blondes, high cheekbones, soft inviting bodies; perfect predators ready to toy with their prey, The shy one, who keeps her secrets closely to herself, her soft beautiful face giving little away, her heart beating strongly in its perfect frame. The feisty rock biker chick, a temptress in leather with a razor sharp mind. Petite and perfectly proportioned, her sharp stiletto heeled boots the only warning sign and, finally, the goddess, hair framing her face like spun gold, blessed with a body that causes wars. We are perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Can we have the bill please?'

'I think we covered everything. Is there anything that anyone needs to know before we move onto phase two?'

'Just one thing.'

'That is?'

'Which one of us had Dennis the Menace?'

'That, good friends, is for us to know and for them to find out. It was by invitation only remember?'

Useless Hound

04.09.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1162423

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more