A Conversation for The Forum

Defamation

Post 561

U1250369


Gentlemen,

I have to unsub


Defamation

Post 562

Secretly Not Here Any More

Toodles.


Defamation

Post 563

Effers;England.

Goodnight and goodluck, Chips.


Defamation

Post 564

Effers;England.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=67974&in_page_id=34

Curiouser and Curiouser.

And it'll be a shame if they can't do the Barbara Walters interview in the US.


Defamation

Post 565

Teasswill

Perhaps it's to do with not disclosing facts that might prejudice the outcome of any future trial. Any case that gets a lot of press coverage may let slip some detail that diminishes either the prosecution or defence case, let alone actually arresting & charging someone.

Look what a business it's been getting a jury for the Diana & Dodi inquest: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7014435.stm


Pathetic

Post 566

Effers;England.

I just watched C4 news. Apparently an American film that's got rave reviews called "Gone Baby Gone' has just been pulled from the London Film Festival. Because.........wait for it...............it involves some young child being kidnapped. Ben Affleck, the director, has backed the decision, saying it would be insensitive for it to be shown in the UK at present. Team McCann Have thanked the distributers for this decision.

From what they described on C4 news it bears no real relation to the McCann story, it involves robbery. It's just because the child looks a little bit like Maddie, surprise surprise its a cute little Hollywood blonde kid. And in any case who cares how close the story line is?

Is there no end to the abject grovelling of elements of the media towards this family?

Pathetic!


Pathetic

Post 567

novosibirsk - as normal as I can be........

there certainly seems to be in Portugal

Novo


Pathetic

Post 568

DJ_Bear



As quoted in http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7068760.stm

Surely that will be the first time they have been quiet about anything in all of this.


Pathetic

Post 569

Secretly Not Here Any More

Glad to see the fund's going to good use anyway.


Pathetic

Post 570

DJ_Bear

Also how come an artists impression has just 'suddenly' appeared??
(I can't recall hearing anything about one previous to this thou I may be wrong)


Pathetic

Post 571

McKay The Disorganised

Because one of their friends has just remembered a man she saw that night, carrying a child !

smiley - cider


Pathetic

Post 572

zendevil


Obviously the poor dear may have been suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Induced Amnesia. Thank goodness the campaign has a handy (privately paid) artist, who happens to be able to draw pink pajamas.

Personally, i would have been inclined to take more notice, at least look at the child's face & maybe ask the man carrying her "is she OK? Do you need a Doctor?" & direct them to Reception; but i am a nosy sod.

zdt


Pathetic

Post 573

Alfster

I notice the father has resumed work on a part time basis as a cardiologist(I believe). I would be very worried about being treated by someone whose decisions/treatment regarding their own daughter resulted in her being abducted or even simply being left alone for such a long and regular period.


Pathetic

Post 574

Teasswill

I might be worried that he wouldn't be fully focussed on his work, but I don't see that his methods of childcare would have a deleterious effect on his medical skills.

Choosing such a person to babysit one's children, that's a different matter.


Pathetic

Post 575

DJ_Bear

apparently he is not having patient contact at present, not sure about the babysitting duties!!


Pathetic

Post 576

novosibirsk - as normal as I can be........


According to BBC Radio4 News this morning 2 of the group of 9 have asked the Portugese Police if they can change their statements.(?)

Novo


Pathetic

Post 577

Secretly Not Here Any More

Isn't that an admission that they were lying through their teeth?


Pathetic

Post 578

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

Not really
Statements can be added to if the witness later remembers something
Without knowing what the change/addition to the statement is it would be silly to make assumptions
The original statement will remain evidence which the witness could be questioned on if the case ever comes to court. Thats if Portugese procedure is anything like British procedure


Pathetic

Post 579

Effers;England.

I just saw a trailer on telly for C4 special this thursday at 9pm all about this story...

My god can you imagine it still being such a media issue if any other child, but Maddy had gone missing. What is it with these people? Why can't they just get on and bloody mourn horrible loss, like the rest of us have to?


Pathetic

Post 580

sigsfried

It can't be healthy for them to keep hoping that something will turn up. When will they stop? Even if Maddy is still alive and being treated well, unlikely I grant you but what they will be hoping for, she will have known the people who took her for half the time she knew her parents. In another 2 years if they are still going it will be equal time.

There comes a time when not moving on with your life is just prolonging the agony.


Key: Complain about this post