A Conversation for The Forum

Hidden

Post 501

Effers;England.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22464410-5012749,00.html


'Wanted! Little girl with funny right eye.'


Hidden

Post 502

Alfster

Lucky the kidnapper wasn't having a buy one get two free offer...


Hidden

Post 503

Alfster

Obviously, as the parents 'want' to believe their daughter is still alive then the least 'worst case' scenario is that she was stolen to oreder and is actually with someone who will be treating her well etc since she was stolen to order.


Hidden

Post 504

Teasswill

The way the timetable in that article is presented, it doesn't sound much like a family holiday!
Perhaps the children enjoyed the creche better?


Hidden

Post 505

Effers;England.

Yes I harbour a secret fantasy that Maddie might be much happier now, actually managing to spend some quality time with her new Mummy and Daddy. smiley - winkeye


Hidden

Post 506

swl

Nice to have friends.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7008872.stm

"A millionaire businessman says he is giving Madeleine McCann's parents financial support to help them fight the "incredible accusations" they face. Cheshire-based Brian Kennedy, who owns Sale Sharks rugby club, said he "felt compelled" to help the couple. He said he was providing Kate and Gerry McCann, of Rothley, Leics, with financial and logistical support, including his in-house lawyer. "




Hidden

Post 507

laconian

Isn't there something wrong with the system when a rich person can decide, without studying the evidence, that people are innocent and give them a load of money and help to 'clear their name'? As has been said before, a hypothetical black, working-class couple in this situation would not have these advantages.


Hidden

Post 508

Alfster

In the same way that rich, well-known people regularly 'get off' from breaking the law by having good solicitors like that guy who represented Pinochet...


Removed

Post 509

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

This post has been removed.


Hidden

Post 510

laconian

Acknowleged smiley - ok. Really all I meant was 'if the family were poor, working-class'. Although I do suspect a black family would find the media less sympathetic/interested in their plight.


Hidden

Post 511

Effers;England.

smiley - cross

Stop picking on GB, mods!


Hidden

Post 512

laconian

I read that post and saw nothing wrong in it. GB merely expressed that it was unnecessary for me to include 'black' in the previous post and that even a white working-class family would not receive these advantages.


Hidden

Post 513

Effers;England.

Absolutely. I saw her post and thought it was totally fair and reasonable. But then I don't suppose, like any of us, she has billionaire backers behind her.


Hidden

Post 514

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

That's it. I'm outta here.


Hidden

Post 515

laconian

Blah.


Hidden

Post 516

laconian

Just checking that 'blah' is permissible.


Hidden

Post 517

swl

Oh 'blah' is most certainly permissable. About the only thing that is with those two being handed £££££££££££s to sue anyone who gives them a dirty look.


Hidden

Post 518

Mister Matty

Has anyone who's had a post removed on here recieved an email from the mods detailing exactly *why*?


Hidden

Post 519

Effers;England.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=Kate+and+Gerry+McCann&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Wow! Over 12,000 images with moderate safe search on. 19,000 with no filter. In less than 6 months


Hidden

Post 520

novosibirsk - as normal as I can be........

Zagreb,

I had one pulled early on in this thread, received a email inviting me to check the house rules on defamation, but no specific point in my post was referred to.

Novo


Key: Complain about this post