A Conversation for The h2g2 Poem

Poem...

Post 1

Hotblack Desiato : Bwarm! Brawm! Baderr! ! something...

Captures emotive sentiments, desparation, loss & confusion. It appears to have drawn on the authors' experience (not necessarally of rape) and guides the reader through glimpses of horrific memory.
Uncomfortable to read, but worthy of the time given.

HB

Ps on a lighter note :- It didn't rhyme!!


Poem...

Post 2

Ameuc


Hello,

Thank you very much for the compliment. It's good to receive such positive feedback.

I know it doesn't rhyme, to each his/her own on that one.

Your comments are very much appreciated.

smiley - smiley


Poem...

Post 3

Hypatia

Ameuc, this is very powerful. It made me cry and few things do that. smiley - hug


Rape

Post 4

Ameuc

Dear Hypatia,

Tears are good for cleansing and if my poem acted as the catalyst, then it served you well.

Date Rape is such an insidious crime, when there is no violence, nothing to show a rape took place. It would be difficult to prove to the police, and even a medical exam would not be able to show anything untoward had taken place, except perhaps vaginal tears which may have happened though natural intercourse – it could very well end up with her word against his.

I just hope everyone out there, in the club scene, as much as going out for a drink, is always on their guard. Don’t ever let someone buy you a drink unless you are there, at the bar, ready to receive it into your own hand, and that goes for non-alcoholic drinks as well.


Rape

Post 5

Hypatia

Wonderful advise.


Rape

Post 6

Blue Bird

So much for the alcohol! smiley - bluebird smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The h2g2 Poem

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more