A Conversation for Internationally Famous Canadians (a list in progress)

Patrick McGoohan

Post 1

number83

Hi,

Firstly, I wanted to tell you I'm honored that out of all the Prisoner pages out there, you choose my site to represent Patrick McGoohan, but at the risk of losing a pretty sweet link I have to tell you he's not Canadian....

he was born in Long Island, moved to Ireland, moved to England, gave up American citizenship, moved to Switzerland after making thousands of British fans angry at the final Prisoner Episode, then became an American citizen again in California.

As far as I know, the only time he lived in Canada was in hotels during filming, and when he visited for the Warner Troyer interview in Toronto.

Still, this is a pretty cool page. I've sent a multitude of people here. smiley - smiley

Pet


Patrick McGoohan

Post 2

anhaga

"citizens and *residents* of Canada" it says at the beginning. We're going to keep him in that hotel. Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian.



smiley - winkeye

Thanks for the nice words.smiley - smiley


I'm leaving the link.


Patrick McGoohan

Post 3

number83

Hee! I thought it referred to legal residents... that's cool.

Anyhoo, don't know if it'll help ya expand, my honey pointed out the entire cast of Stargate-SG1 stays in Vancouver for months at a time. Does that count? I think they spend more time there than in the US.

And I have a link to here, too. I've been back on a few occasions.

Pet


Patrick McGoohan

Post 4

anhaga

The entire casts of a whole bunch of American shows (and movies) spend a whole bunch of time in Canada (much to the chagrin of Robert Duval and the Governatorsmiley - laugh). Plus an awful lot of the stars were in fact born in Canada. I could make this entry a full time job and still not keep up.smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more