A Conversation for Internationally Famous Canadians (a list in progress)

Martha and the Muffins

Post 1

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

Don't forget Martha and the Muffins. Echo Beach was a wonderful song that still brings back memories everytime I hear it smiley - smiley. Some of their other stuff was pretty good too.

Must admit we Brits have a tendency to go "Oh, I didn't know (s)he was Canadian" far too often. I knew most of the bands/singers but almost all the others were a revelation to me.


Martha and the Muffins

Post 2

anhaga

I'll put them in.smiley - smiley


Martha and the Muffins

Post 3

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

Thankssmiley - biggrin


Martha and the Muffins

Post 4

anhaga

Happy to do it. And thank you! Sometimes it's hard to know whether people are well known outside.smiley - smiley


Martha and the Muffins

Post 5

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

Well its probably only my age group for Martha and the Muffins but they're still one of my favourites.smiley - smiley


Martha and the Muffins

Post 6

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

Martha and the Muffins were still students at the Ontario College of Art when I was there.

I was at the famous "Hallowe'en concert" which marked their fisrt "official" gig...

http://www.marthaandthemuffins.com/bh/7780.htm


Martha and the Muffins

Post 7

McGuinness62

Echo Beach brings back memories for me too, although I haven't heard it in ages. The Gaines lived up the street from me. I knew Nicky the best. He and I used to spend hours together drawing battleship, submarine and spaceship interiors from our imaginations. We spent quite a bit of time doing this but, as I'm sure you can understand, drawing is a rather solitary occupation and consequently we didn't ever really talk.

I met Mr. and Mrs. Gaine when I was invited to go apple picking. Mr. Gaine had one of those wee pony tails long before it became unfashionably fashionable. Unfortunately the apple picking excursion also brings back a rather unpleasant memory because I cut Mass in order to go and my father was not pleased.

Tim Gaine changed my life by introducing me to Pink Floyd. He is completely unaware of this I'm sure because he was simply listening to Echoes when I happened to drop by.


Martha and the Muffins

Post 8

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

"Tim Gaine changed my life by introducing me to Pink Floyd".

For the better, I hope! smiley - smiley


Martha and the Muffins

Post 9

McGuinness62

Of course.


Martha and the Muffins

Post 10

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post