A Conversation for The h2g2 Wodehouse Society

A Question.

Post 1

Aximili

Since it looks like nothing interesting is going to happen here, I may as well begin the Wodehouse discussion. My question is... What is your favourite line in a Wodehouse book?


A Question.

Post 2

Wyatt


Thank you for starting this. smiley - ok

But I'll have to think on it for a while... I have to get back to you later. smiley - huh


A Question.

Post 3

Aximili

No problem!


A Question.

Post 4

AFGNCAAP (or, by popular demand, Afgahn Cap")

my favourite line(s):

"I say, Jeeves, who was that fellow who when looking at something felt like someone looking at something?"

"I believe the individual to whom you refer, sir, is the poet Keats, who upon first looking into Chapman's Homer declared that he felt like stout Cortez, staring at the Pacific for the first time."

"The pacific, eh?"

"Yes, sir"

"Yes. Rather. It's all coming back to me now"

smiley - tongueout


A Question.

Post 5

Aximili

*Faints*
You mean people are actually SUBSCRIBED to this? I thought even the creator had deserted this.


A Question.

Post 6

Wyatt


Heh...Heh... I sort of did. I'm still subscribed to the sign-up conversation. Sorry I never answered your question until now - I'd have to say one of my favourite bits is the first page of 'The Inimitible Jeeves' (sp?)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more