Gem Polishers' Code of Conduct

1 Conversation

Polishers' Home Page | Why be a Polisher? | What do the Polishers do? | Polishers' Code of Conduct | Volunteer to be a Polisher

The UnderGuide

Gem Polishers are under no specific obligations to polish any number of entries a week. If you have a personal commitment or simply can't find the time to polish an entry one week, let the editors know before they allocate an entry to you, and everything will be fine. You may also take longer breaks from polishing. However, if you continually do this, you will be asked if you want to continue to participate in this scheme.

You must also be willing to accept feedback from other polishers and the editors. In turn, you should give feedback to other polishers when needed. It helps the UnderGuide as a whole function better when there are entries that are polished the best they can be.

Non-Disclosure

Being a gem polisher gives you essentially the same access to the UnderGuide as being a miner does. You get to see which entries are going onto the front page and when, you get to see which entries are being picked before anyone else, and you get to see the messages of the shared mailing lists with the miners1. So the main issue is to not discuss any of this with a non-UG-volunteer.

1And by all means join in on the discussions. If you're a gem polisher and not a miner, that doesn't mean you don't have a valid opinion on miner issues.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1092584

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more