A Conversation for Designated Drivers

A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 21

The Professor

I'm an american. the sentance doesn't sound right because all it is is a subject. There is no verb that links with the subject. What are you trying to say?

and no, the second one isn't confusing, because the verb "is" is used: "A designated driver **is** your buddy, or mate, who cares enough to stay sober while you are drinking

To make that sentance into a problem like the first one, you'd just have "A designated driver."

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum


A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 22

Agent X

And now I know where your name comes from smiley - biggrin I am usually bad with grammar. What would you suggest that would not make it sound like the similar sentence in the second paragraph? Or should I just lose it altogether?

smiley - bluefish


A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 23

The Professor

Perhaps something more like "A designated driver is someone who provides safe transportation home, after you've been drinking"
Just a thought

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum


A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 24

The H2G2 Editors

In keeping with the general driving theme, are we nearly there yet? smiley - smiley


A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 25

Agent X

I'll turn this car around!! smiley - biggrin

I have made some changes and if the Professor would be so kind as to look over everything again and give me my final marks I think I am done.

smiley - bluefish


A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 26

The Professor

Just a few more things and you're done::

"or deaths hands" should be "or death's hands" otherwise you're referring to more than one death hand.

"While partying don't forget your DD, they may be your friend but they don't want to be bored." Two things here. First, make it two sentances
"While partying don't forget your DD**.** They may be your friend but they don't want to be bored."

Next is the they. There may be more of these, but I missed them. Proper grammar dictates the use of "he/she" instead of they, as "they" refers to multiple people.


That done, I think this is ready. And to the Editors, don't worry, the end is in sight.

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum


A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 27

Agent X

It should be ready now

Thanks Professor and everyone else who helped

your friendly neighborhood smiley - bluefish


A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 28

The Professor

Any time agent x, any time. Good Luck with the EG, now lets hope we can flag a couple scouts down.

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum


A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 29

J

It'll be a while before a pick is accepted though... The italics are away from the office for a couple weeks.

smiley - blacksheep


A1090559 - Designated Drivers

Post 30

The Professor

well thats no fun.

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 31

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 32

Agent X

smiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - stoutsmiley - cheers

smiley - bluefish


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 33

The Professor

Hooray! Nice job Agent X

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 34

SchrEck Inc.

Hi Agent X,

I've been given your fabulous entry to subedit, and the nearly finished version of it is at A1170253. If you spot something that needs attention, please drop me a note... smiley - bigeyes

SchrEck Inc.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 35

Agent X

Can we put a bar between the first two paragraphs or is that against the writing rules?

Not to be conceded but can you through my name at the top of the writers list.

Should “Remember if you have arranged to be picked up be where you said you would and on time. Its only courteous.” Be with a comma?

Thanks
smiley - bluefish


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 36

Agent X

that should be throw not through, of course smiley - doh

smiley - bluefish


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 37

SchrEck Inc.

Hi Agent X, smiley - smiley

done some changes:

- The bar is re-inserted. Always thought it is un-official, but <./>SubEditors-GuideML</.> says it could be used, although sparingly.

- Your name is on top of the researcher list, but unfortunately the list is ordered by researcher number on the article page. This is a sort of a nuisance for you, but there are already plans on the road to address this, see 'More Contributor Fields' at <./>Development-Features</.>.

- Commas added.

SchrEck Inc.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 38

Agent X

Read it again. Looks good smiley - ok

Thanks, SchrEck

smiley - bluefish


Key: Complain about this post