A Conversation for Childrens television - does it corrupt?

Children's TV

Post 1

Vhurry

I have a video of all programmes. How can you run down Andy Pandy or the Woodentops. what about Bill and Ben the Flower Pot men?

I was only allowed to watch 1 hour of TV a week when I was a child then I went to Boarding School and for some reason they let us wtch Top of the Pops and we used to hang from the gym rails to all fit in the hall and actually see the acts. consequently I find it very difficult to watch TV now cos I kind of feel guilty. Anyway I can read much faster. When I do watch I only wtch trash anyway so did limiting TV work.

With my first two kids I only let them watch when I was watching with them but with the third.....well he watches anything. but interestingly he is quite selective and chooses what he watches and kind of plans it in and looks forward to films etc. We even have Sky. And he still reads books and enjoys them. None of us watch soaps but I do try to watch the odd popular programme cos otherwise you are really out of most conversations.

Oh I forgot to mention Dr Who. We used to watch that with my dad all hiding behind the sofa or hiding behind cushions. He watched the boxing first.........now is that weird or what?


Key: Complain about this post

Children's TV

More Conversations for Childrens television - does it corrupt?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more