A Conversation for Through the Doughnut Hole

Under the influence.

Post 1

Dr Deckchair Funderlik

My influence, my guiding light, my tutor, my leader, my role model, and in some ways my nemisis, is, of course, BBC television celebrity chef Gary Rhodes.

Gary, with his spikey hair and cheeky grin, has shown me that there is more to life than two hotdogs stuffed into some bread and covered in ketchup. He has made me realise that there is nothing abnormal about wanting to stuff a pheasant full of ricotta cheese. And no one can tell me now that filling jam jars with custard is a sin against reason.

I keep a life sized poster of Gary in my room and I right my favourite recipies on his sleeves. I get my hair cut just like his too. I met him once near Chelmsford Safeways. He was surrounded by security and screaming fans so I couldn't get close enough to ask him for an autograph. But he spoke to me telepathically and said that he was teaching the aliens on the planet Venus how to make cucumber sandwiches. How noble of him to teach aliens how to cook! He is an inspiration to us all.


Under the influence.

Post 2

Post Team

And who can argue with that... not me for sure... ~grin~

Gary Rhodes is okay in my book...

Greebs..xx


Under the influence.

Post 3

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Ah Greebo, I can't belive you atualy went looking for Cali, what an unknown she must be in this world.

Right to the Question this week...

There is really two anwsers here, if say the total none acumlative influence was to be anwsered it would have to be myself, I see no other person more willing to guide me. if we are talking accumlative it would have to be my parents in varouse rolls, how certain things have transended into myself I can not tell, but I know they must have.

-- FovyotMO --


Under the influence.

Post 4

Post Team

Ah my good and dear Doctor type friend... ~huggle~ ... but that is the purpose of h2g2 and The Post, to introduce us to something different or something we may have not heard about... ~grin~ Me was most pleasantly surprised by Cali, and rather enjoyed looking through the various images and pages regarding her...

Greebs..xx


Under the influence.

Post 5

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

shame the books arn't available, the pictures, they are of when she is much younger, many summers from blosming. in the books she is much older, even a keeper of little ones. or do I give too much away smiley - biggrin

-- DoctorMO --


Under the influence.

Post 6

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

...

There are two people involved I belive, the auther, David Edwards and the artist Charls Faris. which websites did you alight upon?

-- DoctorMO --


Under the influence.

Post 7

Post Team

Me had a good rummage about... and alighted on both author and artist... plus your own website as it had references to her... ~grin~

Maybe you should think about writing an article for us at the Post about them all, me for one would love to read what you have to say... me always thinks the best writing comes form those who love the subject...

Greebs..xx


Under the influence.

Post 8

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

I know I was quite suprised to find my own website in that pick n Mix of links.

I don't know how usefull an artical would be on books that have only been read by a select few.

-- DoctorMO --


Under the influence.

Post 9

Post Team

Maybe so... ~hugs~... but it was a nice surprise for me to find her...

Greebs..xx


Under the influence.

Post 10

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

maybe I can convince the auther to do an artical, that would be best...

would the post be willing to show it?

-- DoctorMO --


Under the influence.

Post 11

Post Team

We of course would be willing to publish it, we have had a few outside articles published in our time... though we would of course need a covering email giving us (and thereby the BBC) permission to use it... ~grin~

Greebs..xx


Under the influence.

Post 12

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

yes, I'll walk round and have a word, would email be ok?

-- DoctorMO --


Under the influence.

Post 13

Post Team

Yes email would be fine... just something from the author of the proposed article... so the BBC doesn't question copyright and such

Greebs...xx


Under the influence.

Post 14

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

yes the BBC is very strict about the copyright...

shouldn't be a problem if he agrees to writing it for me smiley - winkeye

-- DoctorMO --


Key: Complain about this post