A Conversation for Funeral for a friend

Passing thoughts...

Post 1

Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

Jez,

I am sorry to hear of your loss and was moved by your message to your friend.

I shall be lighting a candle for her tonight and will keep her and you in my meditations.

Blessings,
Matholwch /|\.


Passing thoughts...

Post 2

Ragged Dragon

Thanks, Math - the memorial service was today.

It was - closure. For the family, and for her Christian friends.

My own closure was achieved in three stages.

First, in the house of a heathen friend, where I cried for her, and honoured her life in words and memories which now only I share in this part of the worlds.

Second, beside a cairn on the moors, in the tangible presence of the Wanderer, as He took my cards, shuffled the entire packinto a picture of her life and let me talk out my pain with Him.

And thirdly, on the moors in a circle, where I sang the wild magic, the kin magic, for her. The Guardian welcomed me, and drew me there. It is a very special place for me. And since then, I have felt only my own loss, with it's attendant sadness and love, and regret at the loss of such a person to this world, this time, this place.

But it is over. Now, she has her choices - to follow her god to His place, or to stand again at the doors of this world and pass into life. She will see what we can only - sometimes - remember. She will see - as their book puts it so well in the older translation - not through a glass, darkly, but face-to-face. And all will be there, all life, all love, all the answers she needs to make her choices.

For me, the choice would be no choice - I have loved ones who await me, and I wish to spend some time (time?) with them there (there?) before joining hands again and passing back to this life. I know I am not yet ready to give up this sweaty and interesting place, as surely as I know I will have to do so temporarily at my next death - and although I want to join my ancestors, I am not ready to stay permanently in the halls of my gods. So. I will wait my turn, and attend to the rest of my education.

Blessings on your path, Math, resident Druid...

Jez - still here, still now, still living, still learning.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Funeral for a friend

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more