The Pigeon Hive Mind

2 Conversations

British pigeons

The Discovery


Whilst sitting on a bench in Southend High St., I couldn't help but notice that when a pigeon located a morsel of food, pigeons from miles around would flock to this food. Under normal circumstances, this would not be unusual, but these pigeons came from far away from around the corner upwind of the food, meaning there was absolutely no way they could have known about it. This has lead to a conclusion that pigeons are a collective and/or hive mind.


The Experiment


I decided to do an experiment with city and woodpigeons. The first experiment was in my back garden with breadcrumbs. I waited until ONE pigeon was in the garden with no other pigeons in sight. I then proceeded to sprinkle breadcrumbs o'er the land. The pigeon tucked in. Almost instantly, a pigeon appeared from roughly 3 gardens down. Over a space of two minutes, 3 more pigeons came to the garden. None of them had called out, and I had been totally silent, nay stealthy, in my sprinkling.



The next experiment was carried out at Southend Seafront, with a chip and a paper cup. I began by placing the chip on the ground, ensuring no pigeons could see. I then placed the cup over the chip and waited. Soon a pigeon came and poked the cup, which fell over, revealing the chip. No sooner had the chip been discovered, then a huge swarm of pigeons flew in, in a classic pigeony blob. There was no way these pigeons could have known about this chip, unless they were a single consciousness.

The conclusion


I now believe without a shadow of a doubt that pigeons of all species are of one mind, and are lead by a single hive pigeon with incredible psychic ability, whose name is Mr Pigeon. I also believe that pigeons are not of this world, and are, in fact an alien entity, in line with all good conspiracy theories. I do not believe that they pose a threat to mankind, but they should be treated with caution in a laboratory far away, as a single mind can be a powerful thing.


There is one other theory that I have about their purpose. They may in fact be a small scout force of the hive mind sent to discover things such as our defence capabilities, and food quality. They may be paving the way either for an invasion, or an inspection from the Health & Safety Inspectorate of the Galaxy. In either case, may God help us all.


For more information on the have, visit The Pigeon Hive Hierarchy

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1040149

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more