A Conversation for The Hootoo Home of Today

Quite undone

Post 1

spimcoot

What ho old cork, like the cut of your J. On a legal note: absinthe isn't, and never was, illegal in Britain, but you more or less covered this by saying it was illegal in civilised countries. The Idler magazine exploited this loophole a few years ago and were instrumental in reintroducing it to booze starved Blighty, helped inordinately by a scurrilous piece in the Daily Mail, poor idiots. According to The Idler, most of the absinthe you can buy in Unsafeways or Insainsburys is not oojah cum spiff re. authenticity, and one should buy the stuff imported by Idler magazine. Don't know about this; doesn't seem quite the pukka gen. Instead, knock back a couple of pink gins, then suddenly realise one's laces are undone, do them up and stand up too quickly. This should result in a pleasant effect.


Quite undone

Post 2

zendevil



Well, you know what they say don't you?

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!"

smiley - winkeye

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more