A Conversation for Driving in Countries where Left/Right Swaps over

Exellent advice

Post 1

Zero The Hero (bringer of humorous typos)

This is excellent advice although, it may be worth mentioning, that extra caution is needed when leaving a car ferry as many of the other drivers for the next ten miles or so will be in, or rather off, the same boat as you and have no idea where they're going either.


Exellent advice

Post 2

neilfish, purveyor of the finest confusion since 1442

Great article- though I think clarification that you are talking about using a car designed for that side of the road is needed (it took me a while to get the "gift shifting of the window" bit) or maybe two sections,one for cars with the drivers seat on the correct side, one where it is not. (ie your own car and rental cars).
The title is a little unclear though- when i saw it i thought it meant advice on actually crossing the border between countries where they drive on opposite sides of the road.


Exellent advice

Post 3

Namaste

I've found a tip from my Uncle very helpful - he always has a post-it note with "kerb" and an arrow pointing to where the kerb should be stuck on his dashboard!!

Namaste


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more