A Conversation for

Happy anniversary

Post 1

Researcher U197087

A year ago today, having just returned from my f***ed-finding tour of Chicago smiley - laugh I set up this group for people I'd met with similar problems to gather for mutual support and help with them.

I haven't contributed a great deal - apart from only recently having home access again, I am generally quite overcautious about what practical contribution I can make - but I hoped that members would keep a look out and take care of each other and so they have. My initial worries have been largely unfounded, and the group has functioned well for 12 months, mercifully free of trolls, flamers, pissing contests and such.

A lot of us have had various difficult times and the group has proven a useful point from which people can offer their support, and seek it when they need to. Right now, my thoughts are with Mort, currently suffering from Bullshit Psychiatric Disenfranchisement, and who recently lost her granddad. smiley - hug Barton's dad has just passed away aswell, and I hope soon he and Richenda will be back in touch - not least because tomorrow is his birthday... it's also April Fool's Day but where you go with that is up to you. smiley - winkeye Richenda's is a week later.

Above all I want to thank everyone who joined the group and made it work so well. Thank you smiley - bubblysmiley - applause

Take care all, and have better times all round. smiley - hug

Love,

Chris


Happy anniversary

Post 2

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

smiley - biggrin

I do hope Mort is oksmiley - roseI know she is not getting the care she needssmiley - blue

I saw where Barton lost his Dad so hoping for peace to be with them.

smiley - okWell a very Happy Anniversary to us!smiley - bubblyWe made it.

Happy Birthday to Barton smiley - cake and an early Birthday greeting to Richenda.
My goodness lots of Aries here! (Me too)We should get extra applause for having all these fire signs and no flamessmiley - winkeye

Thanks for that post Krispysmiley - rose


Happy anniversary

Post 3

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Thank you, Krispy, for bringing us all together. I'm very grateful for all of the friends I've made here, they've really brought a lot of fun and joy into my life.

Incidentally, and I don't mean to correct you, my dear, but it was Mort's grandmother that recently passed, not her granddad. I mean no offense, but after such a loss, I wouldn't want her to feel like no-one had been listening.

Condolences to Barton and Richenda on their loss, and happy birthdays to you both.

We do have a lot of Aries here! And at least a couple of Tauri (Taurus? Tauruses? d***ed pluralizations!)- Krispy and myself. I'm surprised that's there's been so little falling-out, with all of the heavy emotional stuff between us lot. I'm proud, and happy, that most of us see fit not to direct it at each other!

Oh, b*gger, I'm going to miss my bus again! Gotta smiley - run


Happy anniversary

Post 4

Researcher U197087

smiley - doh Sorry Mort smiley - rose Goes to show how attentive I've been. smiley - sadface


Happy anniversary

Post 5

zendevil

You did a fantastic thing setting this up, Krispy; smiley - rosesmiley - bubblysmiley - gift

Yes, i second all that's been said, it has (literally ) been a life-saver for me at certain times & i thank you all for your support. Hope I've been able to help at times too.

Considering the traumas we have all been through (& are still going through at times) yes, it is amazing that the group is so supportive & caring. It goes to show two things: No matter how much at times we may feel the world is basically pretty hostile, good people DO exist. And that maybe we are stronger & better people than we realise.

smiley - love to you all.

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri


Happy anniversary

Post 6

Kaz

Hi Pcandy, don't forget the needy Cancerians!!


Happy anniversary

Post 7

Ellen

smiley - peacedove


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more