A Conversation for

We need to be aware of this

Post 1

Kaz

F77636?thread=299215
follow the second link from the conversation and there are problem areas such as 'open to abuse' and 'unsuitable'


We need to be aware of this

Post 2

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

Thanks for your email.

Our House Rules state that sexually oriented material is not allowed on
h2g2 - this new policy doesn't change that. If this group needs to
discuss sexual activity or abuse explicitly, then h2g2 is not the place
for it.

If a member of the Community alerts us via the complaints system that
they feel the content in this group breaks the House Rules, then we
would have to investigate it. This is, and always has been the case,
regardless of the latest announcement.

We hope this helps.

Regards,
h2g2 Feedback


We need to be aware of this

Post 3

Researcher U197087

F19585?thread=299340&post=3807482#p3807482

Too apopleptic with impotent fury to say any more.


We need to be aware of this

Post 4

PQ

Kaz (sorry to but in)

The email from the eds says "If this group needs to
discuss sexual activity or abuse explicitly, then h2g2 is not the place for it."...the key word here is explicitly.

Don't give up hope...keep an eye out for any hidden postings in the backlog, if none appear then so far noone has been too explicit, if they do appear it would be worth collecting together (by email between the members whose posts disappear) a set of rules as to *what* is off limits (personally despite the email I doubt a lot of what the survivors want to talk about will be) so as to keep future postings within those limits.

I doubt anyone would argue with the value this group adds to the site and I for one would hate for it to dissappear (despite not being a member or even having read through the threads I've thouroughly felt your combined presencesmiley - winkeye)...especially because of being caught in the crossfire. I doubt the italics want the group to disband either - just to make sure that they don't get into trouble for explicit sexual content being added to the site.

PQ


We need to be aware of this

Post 5

Kaz

Thanks for the support Pencil Queen!!

I think if we keep quiet and don't attract attention, we maybe okay!


We need to be aware of this

Post 6

Willem

We can basically here talk about everything in a non-explicit way, and we can start up a different group elsewhere on the 'net where we are allowed to, where we can talk about the explicit stuff, should we wish to. Such an arrangement might help other people as well, perhaps, such as Stealth, who do not want to talk here because of not being anonymous.


We need to be aware of this

Post 7

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

There's also some things that are simply better off not discussed in a forum that leaves a permanent, public record.

smiley - 2cents
Mikey


We need to be aware of this

Post 8

Kaz

I maybe being dense here Mikey, but I can't think of anything I have discussed hear that I regret, only the attitudes I sometimes get in return. Obviously in the case of an ongoing criminal investigation you should say anything (oops-done that too). I just can't think of anything I wouldn't want to say.smiley - erm

Maybe thats my problem!


We need to be aware of this

Post 9

zendevil

The grid is dead, folks!!! See http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F114453?thread=301396 zdt


We need to be aware of this

Post 10

Willem

I personally believe in openness ... being able to talk about just about anything at all. In my own case there are extremely, extremely disturbing things I would like to talk to people about ... but I recognise that people will most likely be, well, disturbed by this! And there are some things I will not be able to discuss on such a public board as this, because those things will incriminate myself (my past self, because in the past I've been a not-very-nice person and have done some things I'm ashamed of, though I'm trying very hard to make amends for that now) as well as other people, who may also now be changed people relative to the way they were.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more