A Conversation for

YIPPEEE!!! My shrink has rejected me!!!

Post 1

zendevil

smiley - biggrinsmiley - eurekasmiley - flyhi

Finally got through to him; not that you'd have noticed at the time, since he continued to smirk silently behind his hand, as he did to whatever I said.

I think the message finally got through when I said "look, I came here hoping for some insight. I can get more feedback from my smiley - cat. I can certainly get a hell of a lot more support from the Survivors Group. Don't you think that, unless the aim of the exercise is to see just how frustrated you can make me before I either smiley - wah, smiley - grr or walk out, we ought to consider whether this is a waste of your professional time & my smiley - bus fare?"

He seems to have agreed.

Jolly good.

(Unless this is some sort of test & he's hoping I will phone up in a panic & say "don't dump me!"; well, I won't. Been there, done that, thanks smiley - doctor but no thanks!)

*phew*

And yes, someone asked ME the right questions; and no, it wasn't the shrink!

Thank you to that person & thank you to all of you.

smiley - love

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.


YIPPEEE!!! My shrink has rejected me!!!

Post 2

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Glad you can look at this a positive step...

smiley - peacedove


YIPPEEE!!! My shrink has rejected me!!!

Post 3

Researcher U197087

I'm glad you're finding more support and insight from the group, T, but please don't let it stand as any sort of replacement for qualified medical and psychiatric support.

I appreciate 'qualified' is in the trust-issues of the beholder, but some form of direct help is very important.

Take care, smiley - hug

smiley - donut


YIPPEEE!!! My shrink has rejected me!!!

Post 4

zendevil


Hi there,

I really DO appreciate the concern, but I feel that, having waited 3 months after the "crisis" for an appointment, by the time it arrived, luckily I had very strong coping mechanisms in place; both due to my own research & strength, but also "you lot"; plus a very special person who is proving that it IS possible to trust again.

This doesn't mean I will never get hurt again, or that the past will never again influence the way I see things, but, for possibly the first time ever, I can see a way out of the "pit". Other people have provided a ladder, but it's up to me to be brave enough to start climbing upwards.

I am very, very lucky. Others aren't, it's those that I want to try & help now, in whatever way I can.

smiley - love

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.


YIPPEEE!!! My shrink has rejected me!!!

Post 5

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Hi, Terri. I was hoping the outcome with your shrink would be better... but then, for you, it sounds like it's not such a bad thing anyway so I hope things all work out. I know what you mean about waiting for ages after the "crisis" for the appointment, have had the same problem with shrinks myself, and with the lack of sensitivity. I'm sure it's just a matter of finding the bad apples in an otherwise decent bushel, though. Or at least I *hope* so. Do you ever have the feeling that you're a magnet for people who want to set you up just to watch you fall? Sometimes I do, and even my shrinks have fit that category, or so it seems. I guess what works for some isn't the best thing for others.


"This doesn't mean I will never get hurt again, or that the past will never again influence the way I see things, but, for possibly the first time ever, I can see a way out of the "pit". Other people have provided a ladder, but it's up to me to be brave enough to start climbing upwards."

I'm starting to see that myself lately. Trusting is hard, and it's really scary, and I'm not very good at it yet. I'm glad I've at least got you lot to help me with that, the shrinks I've had have only managed to betray what little trust I'd had left prior to now. It *is* good to finally see a way out of the pit. You've been very helpful to me, Terri, thanks!

smiley - love
PC


YIPPEEE!!! My shrink has rejected me!!!

Post 6

Willem

Hi Terri! Yes, I am back, and have been for a while. It's been nice, thanks. I've already emailed you, and also David, but haven't yet received any response! Anyways, I'm patient, but I'd really appreciate to hear from you again! It's a real pity you can't get good psychiatric help over there ... if you were here, you would be able to get it. My current psychiatrist is great, and I know of some other good ones around here as well.


YIPPEEE!!! My shrink has rejected me!!!

Post 7

David Conway

Serious topic drift here...

Willem, I got your short business related email, but not anything else. If you've sent a more personal email, could you please re-send it, as I didn't receive the thing?

Thanks!


YIPPEEE!!! My shrink has rejected me!!!

Post 8

Willem

Well, no 0, I've been waiting for you to answer the first! But I'll certainly send a personal email again soon!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more