A Conversation for Mental Meanderings

Plot Lines

Post 1

Flake99


Hello everyone,

I thought it might be useful to keep a log of plot lines that need to be resolved in the story. It's for my own benefit really, so if you think its a bad idea, just ignore me. Or tell me to stop.

OK, we need to explain how Raymond and X2 came to be the subjects of genetic engineering. what the purpose of the genetic engineering was.

Why there is too much silicon in the universe and what effect this has on it.

Why Mr and Mrs Joyce are aliens ('Utarians' i think) posing as humans.

How the small, green flannel works.

And, most importantly, why imagination is dying all over the universe.

I think thats all of them so far, if i've missed any feel free to add them.


Plot Lines

Post 2

Laura

Good idea to have plot lines - could get a bit lost otherwise. X2 could be some sort of failed attempt to create an intelligent childrens' pet - hence the hat - but it all went wrong as X2 had to be given an over 18 only certificate.

Not sure about Raymond - my guess is that we don't find out what he's genetically modified for untill arount the end of the story, when everything should all fit together.

The silicon could be because people are using computers too much, and don't do enough of their own thinking.

Mr. and Mrs. Joyce could be on Earth because they prefer its gravity (using one of Jonathons' ideas here). Or something like that anyway. What they are doing as regards the genetic research program is another matter.


The small green flannel is powered by Oddy's imagination I thought - which explains why it didn't work properly when Oddy wasn't around.

Imagination dying could be linked to the silicon.



Plot Lines

Post 3

Darkwin - the critical morass from terrarium

Yea, and the Utarians might have wanted to sieze the oppurtunity of unimagination (we'll have to use a simlar term) to their own advantage. How or Why? That should be answered later as 'the Utarians wanting to look for a planet to move to due to overpopulation' or something...


Plot Lines

Post 4

Laura

What is the opposite of imaginaion?


Plot Lines

Post 5

Darkwin - the critical morass from terrarium

is there an antonym for that...
i thought it'd be interesting to come up with our own little word thing lol smiley - winkeye


Plot Lines

Post 6

Andy

I was trying to pull the Millennium bug into the 'too much silicon' line, which ties in nicely with societies over reliance on computer storage and the loss of imagination. The Millennium Bug, of course, turns out to be a big hoax, but when nothing happens the world doesn't say: "We've been had" they say: "Our strategy worked" and buy more computers.


Plot Lines

Post 7

Laura

Leaving Oddy to sort out the problem


Plot Lines

Post 8

Flake99


What about Kilroy?


Plot Lines

Post 9

Laura

Hmmmmmm. Another alien? Or maybe gets made redundent at some point as everyone ends up happy and sets off to destroy the universe by taking over all TV channels.....


Plot Lines

Post 10

Flake99


Haha. Would be funny if it turned out every channel was showing his mindless, pointless chat show. Causing all the brain rot.


Plot Lines

Post 11

Laura

And destroying imagination....


Plot Lines

Post 12

Flake99


I've just thought of another issue that needs explaining - why raymond 'heigh' needed an alias.


Plot Lines

Post 13

Laura

I've wondered that one as well - it really needs to be added into the story while Raymond and X2 are avoiding the lab technicians. My guess is that either his actual name is impossible to pronounce, or he didn't have a surname previously. Or something. Or he tried to escape on a previous occasion, thought that chnging his name would mean that they couldn't find him, was wrong, and got recaptured....


Plot Lines

Post 14

Andy

As I named the fella, here's a little 'back story'.
One day Raymond discovered the joys of illicit chat rooms, but having little imagination he always used his full name in everything he wrote. The problem was that everyone asked him how to pronounce it, which got in the way of, ahem, things. So, to simplify his on line life he started saying his name was Raymond Hay (the nearest the English language comes to pronouncing his real name). Eventually that got shortened to RayHay and, as he became more notorious among the denizens of that particular sector of cyberspace he was rechristened "Wahey!" A name that almost demands to be shouted.
He has a sister you know. And her name is Fay...


Plot Lines

Post 15

Laura

who also appeared on a certain area of cyberspace, not that Raymond new this.


Plot Lines

Post 16

Flake99


So was his real name 'Raymond Heigh' and he changed it to 'Raymond High' when he saw the school? Or visa vera?


Plot Lines

Post 17

Laura

His name was Raymond Hay, I think, which was changed to Raymond Heigh when passing Raymond High. smiley - erm


Plot Lines

Post 18

Flake99


And why did he need the alias? and when?


Plot Lines

Post 19

Laura

I don't know.... To escape embarasment on the computer webite?


Plot Lines

Post 20

Flake99


hmm.


Key: Complain about this post