A Conversation for The Miffed Penguins Club

The Almighty (or those that think they are)

Post 1

U168592

I've never had a problem with authority, however I have a major problem with people who think they are the be all and end all.

If they say it's alright, then everyone accepts it and kowtows;

"I think this is the way we should do it."

Oh yes O Great One, we understand that you must be obeyed.

Pfft.

Some humility please. Get off your high-horse, stop dictating what everyone else should and should not do on site.


The Almighty (or those that think they are)

Post 2

Deep Doo Doo

smiley - applause

The only people in a position to dictate how this site is run and the guidelines that researchers must adhere to are the BBC and their employees. After that everything else comes down individual opinion and interpretation. Some opinions I agree with, others I completely reject. I've never had time for anyone who considers themselves more important than they actually are. To me it's just a power-trip and an ego boost.

All researchers here have equal standing. That includes both 'old-hands' and newbies. Just because someone has been around a long time doesn't automatically inflate their position to one of importance.

Opinion however is still often valid, whether I may or may not agree with it. But in my mind it's only valid just as long as it remains impersonal. As soon as it references or critcises other researchers or makes personal attacks then it should be seen for what it is worth - precisely nothing.


Key: Complain about this post

The Almighty (or those that think they are)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more