A Conversation for An Amateurs guide to completing a long cycle ride.

Comments

Post 1

Yael Smith

Hi matgreener!
Nice idea for an entry, first of all.smiley - ok
It reads quite well, but you should go through it again and correct spelling and grammar mistakes. If you want, I can give you a list of those.
I would change the first paragraph to explain a bit about bicycle races. As it is, you just plunge into the deep end and it's not very 'smooth' to read. I would start by explaining about the tour de France in general, and the bit about being able to cycle on the same road even if you don't compete as a starter. Try and elaborate a bit, as your paragraphs are very very short.

Finally, I'd move this:
"Cool down - especially after longer rides make sure you stretch your back & legs. Sit in a cold bath for 5mins - this sends the signal to your body that you are cold so it sends more blood around therefore replenishing the aching muscles with more oxygen."
Put it before the paragraph about getting sponsorship. It makes more sense, I reckon.
Keep working on it. It's very interesting!
Elly


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more