A Conversation for Protest Against BBC Policy Over Iraq

BBC PLEASE CONFIRM THE MUZZLE ON IRAQ..& IF TRUE - IS THIS NOT IDEA CONTROL ON YOUR SITE?

Post 1

TremayneODonall

I have trouble believing that it is true that the BBC won't allow the Iraq War - (more probably Objections and denunciations of the Iraq Occupation) to be voiced here? If the BBC won't allow this world event discussion....then what DO wish to RESTRICT this 'Communication Site' of their's too???

Does any BBC spokesman have the courage to answer this? [email protected]


BBC PLEASE CONFIRM THE MUZZLE ON IRAQ..& IF TRUE - IS THIS NOT IDEA CONTROL ON YOUR SITE?

Post 2

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

I don't work for the BBC, but the answer is that *no* discussion of the Iraq war was allowed during the conflict itself - whether for or against. This restriction was lifted some time ago. A1003159 is a good summary of the discussion at the time http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F77636?thread=269755 is the announcement of the policy change.


Thanks Otto - now how can I ask you questions directly?

Post 3

TremayneODonall

....Otto - Thanks for your help. You seem to be one of the perhaps midlevel authorities or functionaries on this site: Can you tell me the fastest - and thereafter the surest way to contact people (such as yourself) who have replied to me on h2g2 ?

And how to Initiate Discussion subjects ( instead of being restricted to simply replying to the Discussion subjects already posted)? [email protected]

PS When I first opened this site - an "Introduction" or introduce yourself prompt came up - but I have not been able to find it since - How do I get to it again?


Thanks Otto - now how can I ask you questions directly?

Post 4

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Hi Tremayne,

In the words of Douglas Adams - Don't Panic!

I have no authority whatsoever - the only people who have are those who have bold-italic names. Various members of the community are part of vairous volunteer schemes (I'm a Scout), but only "the italics" have any authority.

There should be a "my space" link on the left of the page. That will take you back to your introduction. Click on "my conversations", and you'll get a new window with lists of, er, your conversations and replies. From your space, you'll be able to create new guide entries, (like the one above), but if you want to start a conversation, go to Ask H2G2. There's a link to it in one of the messages on your space (the welcome one).

If you want to contact other researchers, click on their names and you'll go to their personal space. You can leave a message there!

TTFN

Ottosmiley - cake


Thanks Otto - now how can I ask you questions directly?

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

"And how to Initiate Discussion subjects ( instead of being restricted to simply replying to the Discussion subjects already posted)? [email protected]"

I responded to this elsewhere, but.... Look, right here, on this page, this is a discussion thread that you yourself started! smiley - smiley It's not a reply to anything else, you started it. It is hanging of an entry, though. If you want to write your own guide entry and then have discussions there, you can do that by clicking on "My guide entries" at the top of your personal space, and then clicking on "Create New Entry".

"PS When I first opened this site - an "Introduction" or introduce yourself prompt came up - but I have not been able to find it since - How do I get to it again?"

Again, go to your personal space (this is at U521905, by the way), and click on "About Me" at the top. Then click where it says "Edit Page" on the right. That will take you to a box where you can write your introduction, and then hitting "submit" at the bottom will post your introduction on your personal space so that everyone can see it.

smiley - cheers
Mikey


Key: Complain about this post