A Conversation for Answers to Children's Questions

How old are you mummy/daddy

Post 1

Demon Drawer

For some reason mums get away for a mighty long time saying 21. Which is neither tow old ortwo young the problems do of course come when a youngster starts to learn subraction at school and a few years later realises that the difference between mummys age and their own is actually decressing. If the child has not worked this out by their twenty second birthday thay have missed too many elementary maths lessons.

Fathers on the other hand are tarred by the opposite brush. Dads can suffer from premature male pattern baldness and therefore look older than some famous people who have retained their hair. Therefore dads end up being calssed as ancient at all times. Dad's should be thankful that jokes about bald spots and grey hairs may lessen as male youngsters start to realise that this will happen to them to.


How old are you mummy/daddy

Post 2

McKay The Disorganised

As old as my tongue and a bit older than my teeth. Courtesy of my Grandad - who cheated at cards if I didn't cut the pack, and ate blackberries with me, and liked the smell of steam trains when they went under the bridge, and gave me brown lemonade when we went to the pub, and never patronised me, and died when I was 8.


How old are you mummy/daddy

Post 3

ManicMolly (tonemonkeys wife (and I felt I needed brackets))

My mum did this one for years. I was about ten when I realised. She now has a new tack with the grandchildren who are all under 6 but fairly savvy. Instead of the age issue she has led them to believe that when she was younger she was Marilyn Monroe. She is a huge fan and has pictores and ornaments all over the house and only has to point to a picture ans say "who's that?" to them and they all pipe Granny.
Now they re a bit more aware of television not designed for children, they have been quite amazed to find out granny was in movies that are on television.


How old are you mummy/daddy

Post 4

catatonicsleep

My Dad has always been 28, every birthday he says something like "28 again!" Me and by brother are 21 and 20 so it's going to be a problem soon.... Me and Mum always say she had me when she was 21 (when she was really 31) so she is 10 years younger.

I have a feeling that even when my dad is 80 he's still going to say he's 28....smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more