A Conversation for Great Radio Shows

Shameless plug

Post 1

PaulBateman

There uased to be supurb show on University Radio Nottingham student radio which began life as the Saturday Show on a Sunday. Later it was rescheduled and the name changed to the Armitage Shanks Sensation. It was described by some members of the URN Exec as Mark and Lard but without the talent. The show was hosted by a friend of mine and myself so it was apt to be good. smiley - winkeye


Shameless plug

Post 2

Smij - Formerly Jimster

A friend of mine used to be a Dj there too. Peter Cooke (not the famous one). Him and 'Noakes' used to do regular shows in the early 1990s. I even appeared on one edition doing a rant about why 'Snickers' was a stupid name and why they should change it back to 'Marathon'.


Shameless plug

Post 3

PaulBateman

I think I knew a Tony Cook and Noakes sounds familiar but I 'd need exact dates. I was a member from 1996 till 2000. Maybe I just missed them or something?


Shameless plug

Post 4

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Sounds like you did. They both graduated in '94.

Love Nottingham. A few of my friends went there for Uni, and it's definitely a beautiful place to study. I was rather jealous of my mates when they were there. My college was nowhere near as nice.


Shameless plug

Post 5

PaulBateman

Nottingham was great - obviously it's gone down hill since I'm no longer there (smiley - winkeye). Few places from what I can tell come anywhere near as good as Nottingham.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more