A Conversation for Great Radio Shows

dr poo

Post 1

Astroboy 69 (aka aardvark mutineer: keeper of heraldic ants)

the now-national youth broadcaster, 2JJJ radio, started life in sydney as an AM station, double J, with the then-contentious "you just like me 'cause i'm good in bed" by skyhooks, and later had a regular morning radio play called 'Dr Poo'...

this was an outrageous affair that seemed like a forerunner (not that i knew it then) for kenny everitt's 'captain kremen'... the similarities, as i recall them, are manifold.

but dr poo was a highlight of any week and i once won a dr poo plastic toilet toy i had to go into the studio to pick up... how exciting was THAT for a yet-to-be funky 14 yr old??

do any other h2g2'ers from sydney remember dr poo??


astro : )


dr poo

Post 2

gathererhade

Ah yes. Remember it very well.

Not only the radio series (from 79-81), but also the fan club and BOTH albums released.
I still have all my fan club stuff.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more